1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i am sad..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by azrae1, Aug 12, 2010.

1. azrae1

azrae1 Guest

hi guys.. i can't believe what phone call i had 3 mins ago.. so i had a phone call from my brother who lives in canada. he greeted me by hi and followed by that.. he asked me to move away from my mom and go to another room, where he suddenly bombarded me with facebook questions and if i was gay or not.. he said he read one of my wallmessages between me and my cousin where my cousin was jokingly saying " btw i heard you hate girls and you have a crush on a guy" and i replied by " oh yes lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: who told u ?" ... ok i kno that when i replied that way, i am leaving some hints or i am not taking it seriously, but my brother said that he and my sister kept calling each other about this issue and they said to me to grow up and take stuff like gay and other stuff seriously :/. most of the time on the phone i just replied by laughing and saying it was a joke, and r u guys serious O_O? well infact i am gay but from a small facebook wall message who i never thought any1 will bother to read.. i just feel not safe anymore :/ .. he said.. i am sure you are straight and if you were gay i would have killed you long time... we don't have gay stuff in our family so please grow up.. i dunno , actually next year i was planning to move from middle east to canada and hoped there will be open minded ppl about gay stuff.. but now i don't wanna go there @ all,, since most of my family is in canada; so i am scared and i feel insecure right now :/ . one thing i noticed about my self is that; i do leave hints about my sexuality as bi and not gay but people seem to react to it and they get awckward with it .. :frowning2: i dunno my mood was happy 30 mins ago after this phone call, i just wanna shut my self :/ .. sorry for long post and thanks for reading ..

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

AWww.. (*hug*)

WHere it said "i would have killed you long time..."... I think you should leave your family.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, as I told somebody else earlier this week, assume anything you put on Facebook can and will be seen by everybody. And that they'll show it to everybody else who might have missed it. So, given your location and your family, it's best to keep that stuff FAR off the radar. Don't joke about it. Don't nudge it around hoping/assuming you can discount it as "just a joke" or something. Way on the downlow from here on out.

Secondly, about Canada. Keep working towards that. Grab a map and take a peek at Canada. Compare it in size to Abu Dhabi. You can be in Canada and not be anywhere NEAR anyone in your family. And once you set up shop somewhere in NoFamilyTown, you can start your homosexual life. And simply not tell them anything about it. At that point, feel free to start a second facebook account for your "homo-friendly" friends, and leave the other one for family perusal. If they want to know if you're dating any nice girls, just tell them you're not right now. If they want to know you're gay, feel free to deny it to the ends of the earth. And if your brother wants to keep bringing up how he would've killed you had he known you were gay, that's one brother you don't need to talk to ever again.

Lex

4. azrae1

azrae1 Guest

what to do...

---------- Post added 12th Aug 2010 at 10:29 PM ----------

thanks lex :slight_smile: what you said has just cheered me up :slight_smile: , but i just relized that the word gay could just destory all what you have been building all your life.. right now i don't have anyone in my city to talk to about my gay personal life nor gay friends; but anyway , atleast i have EC for now :slight_smile:

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's what we're here for. Let us be your "gay lifeline" until you can get out and move somewhere you can be you. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

One thing make sure NO one goes on your computer. I'm guessin your bro and sis might still be guessing if your gay. Remove any trace od gaydom on your computer lol

7. MagicalMatt

You need to be very careful, seeing as homosexuality is illega/ in the UAE. If you are going to be open, you need to get out of there ASAP.

8. azrae1

azrae1 Guest

yes! i agree, i sometimes i forget where i live, everyone around me is brainwashed with culture and religion, they never think out of what prophet (PBUH) thought them. i am not starting a hate religious topic but was sharing my opinion. If you ask them anything they just reply its islamic law or our prophet said so.. and that's basically how they deal with things and solve them. you are not allowed to ask questions or doubt, otherwise u will get critizism from them :/

---------- Post added 13th Aug 2010 at 01:48 AM ----------

@z3ni: i don't go much beyond ec for gay activities lol

9. MagicalMatt

So knowing that, maybe what your brother said is just a tiny bit true; you need to take things seriously. Where you live, you don't want to get outed.