1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are they worth the pain?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ralphtruco, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Ralphtruco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    God -_- Well i have this friend, he is sortta of an homophobic, he knows that im bi or gay or whatever and sometimes he just drives me nuts! -_- Like for instance NOW -_- He is alwasy saying things the you could infer things like "is bad to be gay, gays are bad" and UGH stuff like that. And the worst is that he can be so infantile sometimes! When i confront him about this he just startslike moking me -_-...UGH -______________-
    The problem is that i really care about him but he is making me very mad -_- And a little depressed that he is that way also...
    This is probabbly just for venting...I dont think i could block him away from my life i just =w= wanna know what do you think =w= And if these kind of people are worth it for the long run (we have been friends for like 3 years and i recently told him, i...think i dont remember exactly =_=)

2. St. Jimmy

Ok, if he's homophobic and knows about you how could you possibly stay friends?

3. george678

Agreed.^

Talk to him about it.

4. Iniquity

Your best option is to let him know how exactly he's hurting you. Then you'll know if he cares enough to stop.

5. Ralphtruco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    For Jimmy, well its like he "tones it down" for me; he hates most of the gay people i know (says because he has hurt me a lot, and the other well long story xD)
    I always try to talk to him about it but he always avoid the subject by doing "funny" remarks about everthiny -_- (and not just this, every fight we have had its always like this ::_::slight_smile:

6. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

He just sounds extremely ignorant about what "being gay" means. I don't really know how you can stay friends with such a person.

Its completely up to you. I wouldn't be able to stay with a person that says "I hate all gay people, except yo of course. You are different, not like all the rest of the faggs"

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So he withholds much of his hatred toward gays when with you. What a good friend.

Sorry, I'm not interested in being "one of the good ones" or "my one exception" for a homophobe. Tell him to drop talking smack about gays for being gay around you, or you're kicking his straight ass to the curb.

Lex

8. Ralphtruco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So he withholds much of his hatred toward gays when with you. What a good friend.
    Lol xD Sarcasm xDD
    I guess...That i will try to aproach the subject when he does it again
    But, i really dont wanna push too hard and risk of losing him also ._.

9. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

How come your friend doesn't feel the same way with the gay comments when it comes to you? Why doesn't he control himself in order to not lose you?

Like I said, its up to you, but being with someone like that cannot be healthy in the long run.