1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I cannot handle my sister anymore

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by davo-man, Sep 20, 2007.

1. davo-man

I don't understand how I can be related to such an immature stupid sloth like cow. She is just so self-centred, and thinks that everything she does is perfect, and that the world revolves around her. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH she makes SO mad i just wanna yell at her and break her things so that she sees how much of a b*tch she is. I don't understand how she is going to function as an adult in the real world, where she doesn't have her parents to coddle her and give her money and make sure that everything is alright. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH i just am so p*ssed at her at the moment.

.....okay im sorry for that, she just makes me so mad that i had to let it out, sorry....now for what actually happened, and the reason that this is in the advice section.

My parents are away so me and my sister (older by 5 yrs) are left the house to ourselves, so I think, fine, I'll get some work done for school cos i am so behind. Anyway, so shes at work, and she get home late and when i get home there is about half a pkt of chips in the pantry, and a pkt of doritos, cos my friends are coming over on Sunday and we're having nachos (which i had already told her). When i got home, i ate the half pkt of chips, cos i was hungry. I also put the doritos away somewhere so that neither of us would eat them, cos she has a track record of eating things that are saved for something

When she gets home she surveys the pantry and asks me where the pkt of chips are, and so i tell her i ate them, and she says that there was more than half a pkt, and i tell her there isnt, and why is she argueing if she already ate half of them anyway? so we begin yelling at each other, me trying to tell her that she is arguing nothing, cos she has no case and she keeps yelling at me, and then called me childish and immature for "hiding" the doritos cos she thinks im being selfish. Im just being smart cos she would probably eat them and then not replace them for sunday. So she keeps yelling at me that Im childish and i retreat to my room. Then she yells at me in my room "IM NOT TAKING YOU TO SCHOOL TOMORO"....Im sorry, but who is being childish, the younger child that puts the doritos away to stop ppl from eating them, or the older child that threatens not to take the other one to school.....THEN she yells at me "YOU BETTER NOT BE ON THE INTERNET" cos im not sposed to be in the internet on weekdays even tho mum knows that i do and doesnt care. At the point i realised this is going nowhere and just stopped responding, cos if i continued arguing i just wouldnt get a ride to school.

Okay so anyway, im sorry i bored you with all that.
    The advice is, how do i handle it? (it being my sister) Im tired of her and her b*llshi*t. She is just so immature and im tired of her thinking that she superior to me. aaargh....

okay, bye now

2. Tom

Tom Guest

wow sounds like my olderer sister, shes 5 years older, all i cud do to cope with her is just ignore her when she went like tht, when she calmed down id try speakin 2 her agen. if tht didnt work id get mum or dad involved because i cant be asked for a long drawn out arguement and a grudge wich wud b inevitable. normally at the threat of mum and/or dad she wud step down and say fine, have it ur way and then go 2 the shop and buy w/e it was she wanted anyways cus she was loaded tbh.

then she moved in with her bf, peace and quiet for awhile woo!

a few weeks ago she moved back but since then i haven't actually seen her seein as shes at work or out with friends lukily.

and in ur case well id a) hope ur sis grows out of it and b) just stand there when she has a go at u and laughing helps 2, it changes her mood into one of disbelief and usually tht stops ppl arguin and ull also stress her out knowin she doesn't intimiate u.

but then u have the lifts to school from her, so id advise against doin anythin like tht until ur parents r back

3. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wow! That's a tough one. My brother (5yrs older than me) & I went through this throughout the ages of 8-16. We grew out of it and became fairly close, but I didn't know that some people (and I mean your sister) continue to behave in this manner.

I wish there was some advice I could give you, but it sounds as though she's not quite ready to be mature about anything. I'm really sorry that you have to be the mature one in this situation. It's a shame that she's not even willing to try to co-operate.

...plus, I would have thought, her being the older of you both, that she might have tried to arrange some more food in the house while your parents are away?? I'm sure she is capable of buying food herself if she wants something to snack on.

Best of luck though.

4. Louise

Hi,
    you DON'T have to put up with that kind of bullying. If there is really no other way of getting to school fine, don't go. Call your parents explain that you can't go to school because your sister won't take you. IF she carries out her threat, call the school in the morning and explain your absence.
    It is not because she is older than you that she can do as she likes. She has been given a responsability by your parents to get you to school, let her explain both to your parents and to the school why, over a petty squabble over a packet of chips, she disobeyed your parents and set you behind in your shcool work.
    I garuntee she will only do it once, if she does it at all. With most bully's, and that is what she is, you just need to call their bluff.
    You will feel so much better if you stand up to her. Taking refuge in your room with your sister screaming through the door at you must have been very upseting and frustrating. Try to remain very calm and say, 'OK don't take me to school but you are the one who will have to explain to mum and dad.' Go to your room or sit on the sofa or go in the garden... whatever you want really and stop answering her. You have said what you have to say and that is an end to it. Staying calm and not answering back is one of the best ways of destabilising someone who is bullying you. They want to see you upset, they want to see the power they have over you... so take away their power.
    I hope this has been of some help you you:angry:

5. davo-man

Thanx Louise, good advice...I think she'll prob end up taking me to school cos sh know my mum won't be happy if she doesn't, but she's just frustrating...If she continues to carry on this weekend, then i will def ring my parents.