1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible Idea for coming out to the world

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by netlord80, Sep 20, 2007.

1. netlord80

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi guys,

I was thinking of posting a vid on my YouTube account to out myself to the world. What do you guys think?

BTW: I just came out to my mother. It was an odd reaction. She just acted like "ok, whatever" and just started asking me about guys that I had been with and started giving me advice on how to approach asking that guy I like out.

Anthony

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I don't know about the YouTube video but it was a GREAT response from your Mom!

3. netlord80

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi All,

Just an update. I've made my decision. I will be posting a vid on my coming out and the difficulties that I have faced in coming to terms with my sexuality sometime this week. I'm trying to get some visibility on it so that hopefully my story can help others. I've already sent a message to one very popular gay guy on YouTube for some sort of reference or shout out telling him on what I am planning to post. let's hope that I get a positive response.

I've already posted a video on tollerance today. I'll probably film my coming out video tonight and just upload it later. I just need to break the news to my fathers (long story) first. Not exactly a pleasent thought.

Here is the link...
    www.youtube.com/netlord80

Thanks everybody!
    Anthony

4. netlord80

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Update: Michael Buckley is going to give my coming out video a reference in one of his VLOGs! If you don't know his name he does What the Buck on YouTube. He is like #17 on the most watched people on that site.

Just wanted to share that. I am very excited!

5. Grof142007

Yay i just learn who what the buck is

6. Bryan

Wow, I wish my mom reacted that way, but I dont think that coming out on You Tube is the best idea. You should take a step back and think about everything that could/would happen if you did that, it might blow up in your face. However, if you do choose that, you might want to tell your loved ones and friends first, it would be better coming from you than having it come from you tube. Whatever you choose, good luck.

7. netlord80

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I understand where you are coming from on advising caution. But those close to me will be told first. And when it come right down to it, someone has to be able to stand up and talk about this. We shouldn't have to cower in a corner in fear.

I am not ashamed of who I am and I will not walk arround playing it safe in case some moron doesn't like me. That is their problem. If we as a group are to be treated as true equals we have to be able to be who we are without fear of reprisal. I don't mean this to belittle anyone in any way. This is just how I feel about it. How people deal with coming out or who they tell is a very personal thing. You have to do what you feel is right for you.

I simply refuse to be intimidated. Besides, it's YouTube, there isn't much they can do to me.

8. Sam

Sam

hey if you wanna come out on youtube then DO IT! Thats a great reaction from your mom too!