1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I the only person that gets freaked out by liking people a lot quickly?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mind Freak, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Mind Freak

There's this guy I've been talking to. He's so nice to me! He makes me feel special and what not. I feel like I'm special but other people don't always make me feel like I'm special to them. So that's nice. But he's funny and we have a lot in common.

And I think about him all the freaking time! Sometimes I even anticipate his text message. Lol. Ok that's probably a coincidence but it feels like it.

And he went out of town for a few days and I miss him a lot. It's not even like I see him all that much because we're both busy with school stuff or family or friend things but just knowing that he's hundreds of miles away makes me wish he was at least in the city. I'm such a loser. :eusa_doh:

Anywho, I kind of feel like I'm setting myself up for failure because I'm not even 100% on if he likes guys or if he's just curious. He said he likes me, he calls me babe and says he wants to cuddle and give me hugs and such but I don't know if he's definitely into guys or not. And it scares me crapless that I'm all head over heels for him and it might turn out that I was just a fad. Especially since I don't normally care about people this quickly. It's probably been about 3 weeks since I've met him.*sigh* so a word of advice would be helpful. About what I don't know but I need something. Lol.

2. Beachboi92

he calls you babe and wants to cuddle, hes at least into guys like you :slight_smile:
    I know what u mean with getting attached to people. When you feel like it is a rare occasion that people get interested in you, then you attach quickly when they do. There is an aspect of co-dependance and lack of confidence that stands at the root of that and a lot of people have it (me included xD). The best you can do is work on that and try to take your time, 3 weeks is not all that short of a time, but let things move slowly and naturally :slight_smile:

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hear that. I'll get like a month into a relationship and want to say love but I know it's way too soon. I just get attached and really like a guy even though I know I should be taking it slow. So yes, I know exactly how you feel.

4. MagicalMatt

Preach. This is so me. I get really attached, and Revan, I've been to that point too.

5. Just Adam

same here.. can lead to lot of heartache ... as for him calling you babe and cuddling that could just mean hes emotional and friendly but...you wont know unless you ask but get closer first get to know what hes like more..and then you can ask him but i would do it so you say theres something you need to tell him..that your bi then he may come out to you to.

6. Root

I get attached really easily. A month into my first relationship, I wanted to say those three words that can make or break a relationship >.>

Right now I have a crush on a guy I've spoken to once. See him around at the pub, since he works as a waiter. He should be leaving town soon, which really sucks.

Knowing me, I'd probably try steer a conversation towards sexuality and ask him what he's in to, if he's curious etc. But that might not be a good idea, I don't know, I lack experience somewhat.

7. Sylver

This is pretty common, especially for people with lower self-esteem. I can be this way too.. it makes it hard to just be friends with someone who really likes you, but not in "that way".. you can end up throwing away a perfectly good friendship..

If you're being totally honest about what he's saying and doing, I get a sense that he's going after you. Just be sure that you're describing what's really happening, and not what you want to see him doing.. don't let your emotions cloud your ability to see the truth. We have an ability to project our desires onto others so that we see something different than an objective observer would see.

So if this is really what's going on, I would push him a little. Drop a subtle hint or two. Try a "next step" like holding hands or letting that hug go just a little too long.. :icon_wink Or if you have an open line of communication, just tell him that you're starting to get into him, and see what he says. Good luck! :slight_smile:

8. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sounds like he likes guys.

And there is nothing wrong with loving with all you have.

9. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's perfectly fine to fall for someone quickly. Sometimes you just like people and you cant control if you fall for them or not.

I pretty much fell for the guy i'm with now within a week and a half... We've met twice in person, but I like him a lot. It doesn't feel weird or anything and I feel like I know him really well. Really, as long as you both feel the same way, it's fine.

Oh, and that guy likes guys, or at least he likes you lol

10. concklin

falling for someone quickly can be risky. it can make for some heartbreak if a relationship comes of it but then ends. i fell for my last boyfriend before he and i actually dated. i've been crazy about him for a while, and i still am. he's never wanted to ruin our friendship, but after me trying to fix our relationship, i realized i might just be making things worse.

you can't control your feelings, which is the worst part. i was pretty much in love with him while he just liked me and was interested in dating me but it obviously didn't last. it hurt, and he was still there for me right after we broke up, but i was so focused on the 2 of us that i might have driven him away. it's just that when i think of how i've had someone so perfect in my eyes, i wonder how/if i'll find someone else like him.

i've concluded that relationships should start with both people being on the same page with their feelings toward each other.

the best advice is to guard your heart.

11. Étoile

You're preaching to the choir. I can totally relate.

My advice is to not go too crazy over him so soon. Take baby steps, not leaps.