1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Adago, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Adago

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi

I have a friend whom I think may be gay, yet he is often homophobic. He is very flamboyant in his actions and speech but even if he isn't gay, his homophobia is still offensive. I suspect this has something to do with his religion, and the way in which it oppresses homosexuality in teens. How can I show him that I am supportive and that being gay is alright? Or, is it none of my business to get involved in his personal religious choices?

2. MagicalMatt

While it's none of your business to get involved in his religion, it is also completely wrong for him to be making homophobic remarks. Maybe next time he says something say, "Hey, you're going to hurt somebody's feelings saying those kinds of things." Something like that.

You're probably not going to convince him that homosexuality is ok if it's a religion thing.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! :wave:

One of the best ways to be let someone know that "gay is OK" is by example. If you're out, just keep living your kick-ass life, and he'll see that it's OK. If you're not out, you can always send it to third person. When you hear him making homophobic comments, you can say something like "I dunno. I know a couple gay people, and they all seem pretty cool."

Lex