1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Make My Final Year Memorable...BUT

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RAJ Aladdin, Aug 17, 2010.

1. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

I'm quickly approaching my last year of university.

I want to kick ass at my grades and have them so stellar they could get me into any masters program I wanted. Because this is my final year I want to kill at my studies and bring in nothing but A's BUT I also want to make this a memorable year...I was hoping I could audition for the school's many dramatic productions throughout the year (hopefully, a musical).

Here's my question though;

Considering I want to bring in nothing but the best in terms of grades is me being in a play going to hinder that? If so, I don't want to risk it.

Your advice; Have you killed in your final year of university and still able to part-take in extra-curricular activities? Is it plausible?

2. paco

paco Guest

when you're old and reminiscing are you going to think, what a shame i didnt study and pull off straight A's senior year, or what a shame i never performed in that show?

if you do some shows, you still have a chance of getting those grades or at least have decent grades and you'll still be able to get into a masters program, but if you decide not to audition, then you still may not get straight A's and you've also missed out the shows. i say choose the path that leaves you with the most options.

3. Meropspusillus

Think about it this way: If you audition for a play, something will have to go. Plays take up a hell-of a lot of time even if you have a small role. Whether it's sleep, time for studying, your social life or whatever else, you have to give up something in order to be in a play. I'm sure it's entirely possible to get all As and be in a play, but you'll have to give up some other time sink instead.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oddly...you sound exactly like me. I'm going in my final year, I want awesome grades for Masters, and I want to audition for our school musical...weeeeeeeird that it's the same for both of us :S