1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Guy at Work

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TonyR, Aug 18, 2010.

1. TonyR

TonyR Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Last week this guy was showing some interest in me, in conversation a bit, and just wanting to chat with me. He was saying my name like four times, and came into my department to chat with me. This week the same guy just said good morning, and pass by without saying a word to me. I said hi to him once, but he looked like he saw a ghost when he walk towards to me. He’s gay too…. But I think now he has little to no interest me, but still he did this a few times to me. Like show interest and not in certain days. Then he treats me really nice, then a few times like I am dumb.

I did not tell him I am gay though, because I don’t want to be known as gay in the store and I am not even sure that’s professional to let him know. But I want to date him. And then on his facebook, (its on private but what he's looking for was there; relationship, dating), I didn't add him though. So I guess he's single.

I also look like complete crap compare to last week, since I had no sleep and felt like garbage. I looked bad.

I probably won’t see him again till next week (our schedules are completely different).

Would you say this guy has no interest, or just was friendly that one day.

#1 TonyR, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  2. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it sounds like he's interested to me...

he makes the effort to talk to you, and if he looks like a ghost when you talk to him, he might just be getting nervous.

If you are interested in this guy, why not ask him out somewhere. Even if you're doing something with friends or something, invite him to go. You have one thing in common at least, and that's work. So you'll have something to talk about in the mean time while you get to know him better. Or better yet, if there are any events your work does that would be a good idea.

Maybe throw in some hints there that you're gay when you talk to him. I understand not telling people at work because it's your personal life and it shouldnt mix with work, however if you want to date this guy, it's pretty important that he knows you're gay too.

Just start taking the steps towards talking to him more. The easiest way to tell if someone is into you, is to pursue them. If he backs away then he's either not interested or nervous, so keep at it and you'll find out.

3. TonyR

TonyR Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, that would be the best. I will have to see him again eventually, but it sucks because I am off for the rest of the week, so I hope I get a day shift next week.

He's more like store management crew I think because he made me this employee of the month like in the second month I came in.

But I know he's somewhat into me, but then he's kind of not. I think it's the gay factor, and maybe the age factor. He's like 13 years older than, but I don't care unless he cares.

The next time I see him though I will try to flirt with him hardcore, but in only one session. If he doesn't pick it up then there's no point in pursuing it.

I will tell him he looks really good, it wouldn't be exactly sexual but sexual enough. I will lure him into my department, that will work.

I messed up last week lol, when I did gotten him to my department because he followed me.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, I want you to do a bit of visualization with me.

Picture getting to know this guy.
    Finding out he's gay.
    Going out with him on the sly for awhile.
    Then having a fight, and breaking up.
    And this guy, who you dated and who knows you're gay, is there at work with you every single day.

This is not a good idea.

Lex

5. Mister Gaga

I'd definitely say he's interested, or at least really curious about you. You definitely should pursue him, like Taylor said, after that, things will be settled.

I have no advice to give you, you already know what to do =)

Good luck.

6. TonyR

TonyR Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well that is if I can get to the 'dating' part. I plan to leave my job in 9 months exactly, and I do not plan to be with him after the 9 month period unless he wants to move with me to another state (which I do not plan to discuss until the 9 months are done). I am going to ask him if he wants to follow me anyways, since I want to bring someone else to this mission of my life. Him, and two other guys I was planning to ask.

What could we possibly fight about, I am the worst person for fights usually since 9 out of 10 times I usually agree.

#6 TonyR, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Get to know him better then ask him to add him on facebook maybe. IF he says it's fine, then it won't be private anymore and you'll be able to find out if he's def single, and what's more, maybe he'll have "Interested in: Men" and then you can definitely start pursuing it.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So you're quitting your job in nine months (which nobody knows about). Therefore, you won't have to worry about residual bad feelings if a relationship goes south, since you won't be there much longer anyway. And since you're such an agreeable fellow, the relationship can't end badly. And, in fact, at the end of the nine-month period, you're going to ask him to move with you to another state. (Well, him and two other guys.)

It sounds like you've got it all planned out. So good luck with that.

Lex