1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating & Sex and all that good stuff

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by travelinsoul21, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Okay, I've arranged a date with a guy. He's absolutely awesome we've talked on the phone and texted for hours on end. And we both feel like it's a good thing. I don't want to rush but I could definitely see myself being in a relationship with him.

A few questions I have

He's a virgin & I'm a virgin and neither of us know what we want sexually. Any suggestions for when the big moment finally comes?

Also, being that neither of us have been in a gay relationship before, is there anything else I should keep in mind?

---------- Post added 19th Aug 2010 at 12:17 AM ----------

And yes we've talked about alot of this already

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>He's a virgin & I'm a virgin and neither of us know what we want sexually. Any suggestions for when the big moment finally comes?

Don't wait for a "big moment" to come. Talk about it. Discuss what you're interested in trying, and what he might be interested in trying, and what you'd rather not do right now. Stock up on condoms and lube, and practice putting both on. FAR too many people think "Ah, we won't do that (yet)"...and then they decide they wanna, and what the heck, we're both clean, so...

No.

>>>Also, being that neither of us have been in a gay relationship before, is there anything else I should keep in mind?

Communication. Lack of communication dooms more relationships than anything else, I'm guessing. You don't have to talk about absolutely everything the second you think or feel it, but keep the channels open, and if you're confused about something he's saying or doing, ask. (Him, not us.)

Lex

3. Ok so Condoms & lube & communication. I think that some of that talk can wait a little bit, but I guess your right, it can't hurt to have condoms & lube, sooooo I guess I should get some at some point in the near future...

4. MagicalMatt

like...tomorrow morning man. get 'em. You need 'em.

5. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

I agree, you should always be prepared :slight_smile:

6. Alright, alright I'll get em.

---------- Post added 19th Aug 2010 at 09:01 AM ----------

Another question I guess since we are on the topic of condoms and lube, what kind of lube is best? I don't want something that would be sticky or overly messy, but I want something good

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    experiment with each other, you know what you like when you masterbate so start there and branch out

8. george678

Yeah like the others said, and good luck.

9. MagicalMatt

I mean, anything water-based. Just get something, and if you all don't like it, get something else. You have to try 'em out.

10. titaniumCloset

Astroglide is good for gays :wink:

11. MagicalMatt

I had a recommendation NOT to get Astroglide...but that was from one couple.

12. Well it doesnt matter because it all fell apart anyway. I'm sad now, but whatever, I guess life goes on right?

13. MagicalMatt

Don't worry about it, man. You'll find someone.

Big Love