1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid but Attractive People

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TonyR, Aug 19, 2010.

1. TonyR

TonyR Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How can you really tell if a person is legitimately stupid?

not mentally disabled but just slow

and is it a turn off if the person is attractive and slow?

2. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Talk to them :slight_smile:

3. Charme

Charme Guest

Trust me, you'll know if they're stupid. Such a waste too, especially if they truly are pretty.

4. xequar

One conversation about topics that require brainpower for a good conversation will be the dead giveaway.

And yes, it's a huge turnoff. The first guy I dated was pretty, like model pretty, but dumb as a fencepost. I think we made it to the third date and that was it.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know what the internet version of "biting your tongue" is, but I'm doing it now.

Lex

6. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

How they talk.

7. paco

paco Guest

that's a bit deceptive. you don't want to confuse lack of knowledge with lack of brainpower.

stupidity you kinda have to go case by case cause everyone shows it differently but it's pretty obvious pretty fast..unless you're like me cause sometimes i see a pretty face and it blinds me from what's really there haha.

but if they keep asking you "what" or giving you blank looks so you have to use small sentences and small words, then you've got someone stupid.

#7 paco, Aug 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2010
  8. Chandra

Um... "legitimately stupid"?
    I'm going to quote something from a blog post I wrote:

Why do you need other people to tell you if something is a turn off?

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>Why do you need other people to tell you if something is a turn off?

I don't think that was the question. My read was "I think guys who aren't that bright are a turn-off. (Or a turn-on - hard to tell.) What do YOU guys think?" But that's a guess.

Lex

10. Just Adam

id take a guy whos 50/50

i got both tho so yay XD sorry haha

best way i find to test if theyre slow with anyone is ill go into geek mode and whip out all my sci fi and super heroes and anime knowledge and see if they can keep up...if not then i feel sad haha... my mates the same but he uses cars to test people lol.

actual brain power i dunno how to work...i consider myself ok in that area but maths and spelling allude me .

11. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    have a conversation with them, and don't just talk about the weather or some crap. Have a real coversation, talk about world views.

I find dumb people to be a real turn off. I find quick wit and people who don't take crap super hot

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If their conversation inevitably turns to the same topic - be it Jersey Shore, Lady Gaga, or nuclear physics - I usually lose interest pretty quickly.

Lex

13. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I don't want to repeat what others have said, so let me add my own unique example. I have one friend who is incapable of contributing to a conversation in a way that doesn't include the word "I", "me", or "my". While that may be a sign of vanity in others, she isn't a vain person, and she's also not that bright. I believe that latter fact and her inability to talk in anything but the first person are related, so that may be one way to tell whether someone is stupid.

For me, it is a huge turn off if a person is stupid; physical stimulation only goes so far, and most of the time I spend with someone in a relationship won't be spent in the bedroom, so they need to be able to stimulate me intellectually and emotionally, first. Hell, smarts can actually be a turn-on for me; I'm a math geek (as you can see by my orientation), and a friend of mine and I were conversing once about why we chose our majors, when he said, "I just love doing integrals." I don't find him physically attractive at all, and yet, for one brief second, I would have kissed him had he asked. Nerdy? Yes. But it shows just how important intelligence--and shared interests--are in a relationship.

14. starbucksshoote

*elude.

:slight_smile:

15. MagicalMatt

Hahaha. That was mean. :roflmao:

16. Just Adam

i got my ludeds wrong :frowning2:

and dont be mean to me i just said these things aint my strong point :tears:

17. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just because I just remembered it. A gay friend of mine admitted to being attracted to what we came to call "the Moose". We named them after the big, muscular, usually kind, but not-too-swift-on-the-uptake character from the Archies comics.

[​IMG]

He admitted his favorite sexual fantasy involved some of the bigger guys on football teams. But with two specific conditions. "Number one, they have to keep their uniform on from the waist up...preferably with the helmet still on. And number two, I'll need to apply some duct tape to their mouths - I don't want them ruining it by talking."

Lex

18. MagicalMatt

(*hug*) Sorry, I just thought that it was really funny that he called you out for it right after you said that. LOVESSS.

19. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I only ever find myself attracted to bright people. If someone is not so intelligent, friendship is still as much of a possibility as ever, but I wouldn't consider a relationship.

20. NoLeafClover

Lex's friend's "Moose" is what comes to mind. I was visiting a friend in Texas, and on the way down I told them to save me a "big, dumb farmboy." (ignore the stereotypes and unfair associations pl0x) The request was purely sexual. I think the attraction comes from assuming he doesn't know much other than sexual things. You could try dropping a few jokes, but they'd go over his head and yet he'd still be standing there with a big smile ready to go.

I find ignorance more of a turn off than dumbness. Not being in the know is fine - being in the know and then betraying that knowledge isn't.