1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Friend Going to College

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Glunn11, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Glunn11

Well, my best friend in the whole wide world came over and, after a little bit of a talk, said goodbye. I managed to hold in the tears until he drove away, but I did quite a bit of bawling as I drove around randomly (probably not the safest decision, but I had the pleasure of belting out "Hand In My Pocket" by Alanis Morissette).

I'm OK at the moment, and I'm fully aware little will change since we talk regularly and have only hung out three or four times this summer, anyway. It's just scary to me how everyone is moving away and starting their lives, and I just feel kind of in a standstill.

My other best friend (who I have a crush on) invites me to his apartment in a nearby city every week to get me out of the house and whatnot. It's really nice and a welcome break from the doldrums of life. But, I don't really feel like I get any long-term motivation to work to get out of the house.

Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

2. VentinIntrovert

Well at least he'll be coming back. I have friends that are planning on leaving and taking schooling elsewhere as well and to be honest I don't want them to leave. They gotta do what they gotta do though, if I had to leave for my career sake I would too.

3. MagicalMatt

Sadly, there's not much you can do. My best friend in the world just graduated college and I pretty much never get to see her ever. I just cried my way through a day or two and made it til now. All you can do...

4. Glunn11

Thank you both for your replies. Yes, he'll definitely be coming back to visit... I think. I know he's really excited to finally be "out," and telling his parents isn't something that he's really gung-ho about. But, I know a while back he said he's basically going to be like "Oh hi parents, this is my lover, Paul." LOL.

Anyway, after my crying session in the car alongside Alanis Morissette, I'm surprisingly at ease. I'm genuinely proud of him and know he'll do wonderfully. And, what's great, is that we're almost communicating more now that he's gone. I don't feel like we're any less of friends, nor do I anticipate it being that way. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, I suppose.

Thank you guys for hearing me out :wink:
    Love yas<3