1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

first step

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confused102188, Aug 21, 2010.

1. confused102188

I did it!!! I broke up with my girlfriend. If you have been following my old posts then you know I'm on the road to coming out and ive hit a few speed bumps and weaved up a few mountains. Well im proud to say that I have officially broken up with my girlfriend so half of it is done. I did not tell her I was gay. I am crying like a two year old now it hurt so bad to make her cry. She's such a great person and she actually makes me wish I was straight. She'll find a great Guy for her.

2. Eleanor Rigby

(*hug*) You did the right thing, for both of you. I understand that you're sad, but you can be proud of you.
    And it's not like you're loosing her. I'm sure you'll find a way to become great friends. Just give her some time to grieve your relationship as she knew it.
    Take care (*hug*) Cécile

3. george678

You did the right thing and now your on your way.

4. kettlkorn

I have to give you a :eusa_clap for that. It's never easy, and it hurts, but you will feel better about it. Bravo for doing the right thing. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

5. MagicalMatt

Well good for you. It's better, if you can't be open, to be responsible. Great job.

6. Lebowski45

Well done, I know it must have been hard but you have definitely done the right thing, both for yourself and her. Once you do come out she'll understand and I'm sure you'll remain friends. It took strength to do what you did so you can try move on now, and things will get better and better :slight_smile:

7. PhilL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well done, you did did the right thing :slight_smile: