1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This has to be the WORST thing that could happen.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GoinStag, Aug 24, 2010.

1. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Before I explain things please try and put yourself in my shoes. This might not seem like a big deal but it's a big deal to me.

If you've read some of my earlier threads you know that I've had a ridiculously huge crush on this guy who teaches next door in the elementary section of my school. I've had feelings for him since the beggining of the '08/'09 school year. If don't need to explain what he'd do when literally flirting with me 'cause I already went over that in like 2 other threads.

Well, just my luck. We got a letter in the mail about 5 minutes ago saying "Mr. (Last Name) will not be coming back this school year. He got another job offer that he couldn't turn down". I feel so stupid right now. I feel like shit. I looked forward to just being able to see him again. I literally feel numb right now and I know it's all gonna hit me later. This is the longest most intense crush I've ever had.

Maybe this will help me get over him. I was just always hoping he wouldn't leave 'till after I graduate. Idk if I'm looking for advice or if I'm just looking for a hug but please someone help me.

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, you have to be realistic. There couldn't have been anything between you. He is a teacher and there would be legal mumbo jumbo if anything ever did happen. Be thanksful you have this cool person in your life, but know that he is going on to bigger and better things

3. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Oh yeah I know and I've accepted that nothing could ever happen. That doesn't really bother me that much anymore. I just feel like I got the rug pulled out from under me here. I really liked him and this just came out of nowhere.

4. starbucksshoote

I feel for you - it's really tough when someone you like leaves (even if it wasn't mutual).

I had a huge crush on my straight roommate - he moved out at the end of last summer and left town for school - it really, really, really sucked. And then it got a little better, and a little better.

I noticed I wasn't as emotional as I had been - likely because the distance from my crush, even though painful, made the whole experience easier to move through.

I'm not all the way there, there are some days when I'm sad about it, but overall, his moving out was a really good thing.

And while it sounds trite right now, and even though it hurts, I think you'll find that things get better from here.

All the best - and good wishes.

5. MagicalMatt

Well I for one don't think it's silly. I feel for you. It'll be alright.

6. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Thanks I just don't wanna sound like a child. I'm just so hurt right now.
    Thanks I hope things do get better. This is always the best way to get over someone. I'm just so unbelievably sad right now.

7. arteb

Dude, I feel your pain! I know what is it like when the person you have the biggest crush on just goes away. I'm sorry I can't help you. All I can do is tell you you're not alone in your pain. It sucks, yeah. It sucks so fucking much. But, again, you're not alone. Hang in there, man.

8. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Thanks. I was just expecting to see him back at school again this year. When I thought I'd just go without seeing him for 3 months over summer break it wasn't as bad, but now it's probable that I won't be seeing him again. He did tell me he lived in the same city as me but it's still unlikely that I'll see him again.

Thanks for the support though guys. I just feel like I need someone to talk to this is really rough.

9. D_Alejandro

Agreed. And time heals.

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    GS you need to realize something, this is for the best. Don't forget that soon you'll be graduating from high school and probably going off to university/college. Then what would you do? you wouldn't see him anymore. At least with him leaving it'll give you the chance to get over him now instead of pining over him for an even longer time.

11. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Right now, I'm not surprised that it seems like the worst thing that can happen. In the long run, though, it'll probably turn out to be one of the best. (I know, that sentence makes you want to punch me.) But not having contact with him at all is going to make it way easier to move on. If you have serious feelings for someone and you see them regularly, moving on's a real bitch, because you're always reminded of them. If you don't see them at all, at first you miss them like hell, but there aren't so many reminders, and after a while, it hurts a lot less than it would if you were still seeing them regularly.

12. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Well college is out of the question but that has nothing to do with it. You're right about getting over him instead of just sitting around having things feelings.
    You're right. This really is the best thing for me no matter how much it sucks. God, I can't tell you HOW LONG I've just wanted to not have a crush on someone. I hate it. It's so depressing. Maybe now I'll be able to come a little bit closer to some peace of mind.

13. Beachboi92

i personally think this whole thing is really interesting and kind of serves as an ode to the positive school role-model. You say that you had accepted that it was just a silly high school crush and i think what your missing more now is a teacher that is there for you where other people are not so much. Kids do better in school when they can find a supportive teacher and he was a positive role model that you also felt was gay.

I think the crush is no different than any of those high school crushes kids get on the hot teacher xD but i think this sort of serves as an example as why it is important to have supportive teachers that can relate to LGBT students and serve as role models.

I know it must be hard to lose that sense of security but you can always facebook him or something just to keep in touch :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: i think as long as you give up on the crush to keep him as a role model and someone to look up to is all ok. Things will get better and hopefully he helped you in some way while he was there.

14. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

He isn't MY teacher. He teaches in the elementary section of the school (the school is K-12) which is connected by the gym. He'd always come into the classes I was in and he'd talk to me if I was in the secretary's office and stuff. I really liked him a lot. Thank you for the support though :slight_smile:

15. Eleanor Rigby

Well it's probably best for you that he is not going to be around anymore. It's going to be easier for you to let go the feelings you have for him and to be able to have a crush on someone who'll be able to return you the feelings.
    But until then I understand it hurts a lot.
    Many (*hug*), Cécile

16. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

thank you :slight_smile:

17. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm reminded of the time when I was still hopelessly crushing on a highschool classmate of mine. He was in my class for one blissful year, where I even had to consciously position myself in class so I was unable to see him. Otherwise, I would have had severe problems even following what the teacher said :lol:

And then, he decided to switch groups, we only rarely saw each other anymore, and I was left crushed. It was literally the only time I cried about someone.

In the end, it was for the best, though. The pain is horrible at first, especially since you probably see a lot that reminds you of him, but in the end, after it sinks in a bit, your mind clears and you start noticing other people again instead of constantly looking if your crush is near. Other people who might be more valuable than a dream of what would never be.

And over time you'll probably look back at it as just a fun childhood crush you had, and smile. So for now, cry, talk about it here, or even just go outside and yell, to get it out of your system.
    It does get better (*hug*)

18. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

^^Thanks^^

Everyone is telling me "It gets better after a while". I'll take your word for it. I really hope it does.

19. fringelunatic

I feel for you. I'm moving off to university in two weeks, and leaving the guy I have a crush on behind. The day after I got my exam results, and the confirmation I was going to university I had this numb sort of depression, largely as a result of that, and then the whole, "oh if I'd come out earlier there could have been something" and the "should I tell him how I feel". I even felt like crap for not spending more time with him over the summer.
    Still, I'm off to greater and better places, hopefully.
    Sorry, that can't have been much help, but it sucks, I'm sorry, but I'd like to hope your experience will in fact, in time prove valuable.