1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusion

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bevo, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Bevo

Hey guys

Well I've got a problem and I don't quite know how to deal with it. I should point out that at this point I am very much in the closet except to a close friend whom i trust in confidence.

With that in mind, in recent weeks i have been getting various signals from a girl several years my junior that she 'likes' me (Is 'likes' the right word? I've never had much to do with relationships up till now, especially in the case of the opposite sex). A few freinds of mine obviously know this and asked [a naive] me questions one school lunch whether i found her attractive, which understandably aroused my suspicions. After stalling for a while, I asked them why they were asking me these questions and they looked at each other and one said to the other "Should I tell him?" with the response being "nahh" (apparently they didnt know if i had any idea of what they were talking about). As another point, after never having spoken to her before, a month ago she started and keeps starting conversations whenever I'm online on facebook, talking about the most random topics.

This may seem like I'm looking too much into it but I'm no fool and I am a perceptive person, but this has thrown me. I'm not ready to come out to most people, let alone someone I barely know...what should I do? Should I ignore her advances and hope it goes away?

I just don't know, I'm pretty confused, help me!

2. RaRa

Just give her the "I'm focusing on school" excuse and hopefully she gets the hint and backs off.

Sounds like your friends know and are trying to show you that they're ok with it. Unfortunately, it's in an immature way. Unless I misunderstood and that was about the girl who likes you.

#2 RaRa, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  3. Eleanor Rigby

I think you can seize the occasion of one of your facebook chat to tell her you have notice a few things that make you think she may like you more than just a friend. If she answer that it's the case, you can tell her something among the line : "It's very cute and flattering, but I don't feel the same way about you. I think you're a very lovely person and I'd be happy to be your friend, but I don't think things would work between us as a couple."
    I think it's better to do it this way than trying to ignore her, or to use your friends or her friends to tell her you're not interested.