1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some good advice from a friend of mine for anyone coming out as anything.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, Aug 25, 2010.

1. MusicIsLife

This friend, she's very intelligent, especially on the front of LGBT issues, and so she is really good at giving realistic advice, without it sounding totally depressing.

So she gave me some good advice in regards to my own coming out with my mom in terms of my trans status, and I felt it could be applied to pretty much everyone here so I thought that I could share :slight_smile:

"No one knows everything in the grand scheme of things, but with your mom you've gotta know everything."

I thought it was a good point. When you come out regardless how old you'll always be attacked with every question in the book. But if we prepare ourselves ahead of time with answers to the usual questions, it'll making the process easier on both parties. :slight_smile:

2. NoLeafClover

If I understand it correctly - she's saying you should be prepared for questions when you come out? That falls in line with understanding yourself as much as you can before you start to really "reveal" to others who you are. I think it really would make the process easier.

If that's what you mean, then I concur =)

3. AlyssWonderland

I like that :slight_smile: Its very true.