1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided fate

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KnightAssassin, Aug 25, 2010.

1. KnightAssassin

If they send me back to inpatient like my psychiatrist is recomending I am going to take the chain in my hand and throw over a tree in the woods and hang myself period end of discussion I don't care I refuse to go back , what should I say to keep me from inpatient again please reply soon

2. FreeSoul12

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok, don't hang yourself first of all! What are you being admitted to the impatient for?

3. Eleanor Rigby

Please, please, don't hang yourself. Whatever you have to go through, even if you have to go inpatient again : it is going to be temporary, death is not.
    So please, hold on (*hug*)
    If you ever want to talk about it, or anything else by the way, feel free to PM me anytime.
    (*hug*) Cécile

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Matt. Take a deep breath and try to take a step back from the thoughts for a bit. (*hug*) You know that harming yourself in anyway is never the answer.

Can you not talk to the psychiatrist and ask him/her if it would be possible to get better or try to be in therapy while not being an inpatient? Give him/her the reasons as to why you don't want to go back.

Could you also talk to your parents?

5. KnightAssassin

I am going back for a previous sucide attempt that I saw my therapist for ........ I am sorry but if I don't get help I have no other choice

6. FreeSoul12

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You do have other choices! Just relax, and maybe tell us why you have previously tried to commit suicide.

7. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Matt, you are already doing what you need to do. You are getting help, which is huge. Keep seeing your therapist and be open about things with him/her.

Matt, you do have a choice. And you have already made the right choice. You are talking about things and are getting help. Let me say this again, harming yourself in any way or form is never the answer. Seeking help is. And you are already doing that. Keep seeking that help.

Talk to your parents, and to your therapist. Let them know why you don't want to be an inpatient again and maybe something can be worked out. (*hug*)

8. KnightAssassin

Becuase the voices won't leave me alone and then life just sucks alot I am constantly depressed and my hullicinations aren't getting any better despite the meds and I am just ready to end it I have no true friends but I have somewhere to run away to if I can't hang myself but I will be dead within the weekend if they decide to send me back

9. Eleanor Rigby

Then show them that you're willing to get better and that you're willing to get help. A new suicide attempt would be completly counterproductive. It would only show them they are right thinking they can't trust you for taking care of yourself. Show them they can trust you. Show them you can take care of yourself and that you're able to seek for help instead of harming yourself.
    You can do this ! (*hug*)(*hug*) Cécile

10. KnightAssassin

There is no attempt about it I have a razorblade and a sword as backup if i pussy out

11. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Matt, take a deep breath and really just try to relax for a bit. While relaxing think about the things you enjoy in life. You know that you like band practice and playing the instrument that you are really good at. Start thinking about that to get your thoughts concentrating on something else.

You have true friends, including here on EC. Turn to your friends here on EC, and just talk with them. If you want you can PM me or just write on my wall. Okay?

If the voices don't leave you alone, start writing them down so that you can show that to your therapist the next time you see him/her and talk about it. Talk to your parents and tell them how you feel.

Sometimes, it can take a while for things to get better Matt. But they will. You are doing the right things.

12. Walolas

Matt I'm sorry you feel like that but to end the greatest gift you could ever recieve for these reasons isn't worth it. Sure it seems your life has been terrible and what not but try to imagine in 5 years after you work through these issues and you are enjoying life in a new city/town. In that town you have new friends who really care about you. And for the hell of it let's through in a boyfriend for ya and you and him really enjoy being with eachother.

Life sucks and it presents a lot of issues that make us want to just end it all but it is the HOPE for the future that we have that allows us to persevere through life. You have to be truthful with your therapist. Tell them you are seeking help and trying your best but nothing so far has worked BUT you know for certain that being sent back to inpatient will only CAUSE MORE ISSUES! Stress that you know for a fact inpatient will not assist you at all and could infact lead to a successful suicide if they don't take that card off the table. It would be highly unethical for the therapist to keep it on the table if the patient himself said "I will truely hurt myself or others if you send me back".

13. KnightAssassin

This isn't the greatest gift ever I was born into a abusive house so my whole life is just problem after problem so ya thinking about it it sounds best to stop putting people throough the stress of worrying

14. FreeSoul12

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    But your parents obviously have good intentions if they want to help you out! They care for you in someway whether you know it or not! And all the replies you've received in this topic, are just some of the people that would be upset if you comitted suicide!

15. KnightAssassin

Well I am sorry to all of you but it's not my decision it's my moms If she choses send me away For good , I have already told my therapist and psychiatrist about the last inpatient and my mom bows how strong I feel about it ,

16. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Matt, you still have your entire life ahead of you. There are so many things you can do and will be able to do. People worry about you because they do care about you and want you to be well. Think about your friends at band practice. I'm pretty sure they would be sad and miss you during their practice and performances.

Think about all the things you have accomplished thus far. There are things that you like and give you a sense of joy in your life. Hold on to those things and embrace them during times where you start feeling overwhelmed.

Listen, you have already overcome things in your life, and you will overcome all of this as well. There is going to be a day where you will think back and think to yourself, I have made it, and I was able to move forward. Life won't always be like this. You are already doing the right things with which things will get better.

You don't have to go through all of this alone. And you have already taken steps to draw on the support and help of others. Keep doing that. (*hug*)

17. Walolas

And switch the stress of worrying to the pain and anguish of mourning? Stress is a lot more managable than the 5 stages of loss that people can be trapped in FOR YEARS! And yes it truely sounds you were shafted in life so far in your early years but even all those years couldn't of been completely terrible. You had to of made SOME good friends and found SOME good things to enjoy your life so far. To end it now when you are only about 1/4 of the way through would be such a waste. You have 3/4 more of your life you can live AS YOU WANT! Once you are free from your abusive home you can work to pay for your own life and then do with that life as you wish. I don't mean ending it I mean LIVING IT LIKE IT IS MEANT TO BE LIVED!!!

This whole justifying it with saying people would be better off without ya is complete and utter CRAP! You have to realize that only talks you into thinking it is ok to do that. No matter what you will have people miss you. You might not realize how much now but in time you will!

18. Eleanor Rigby

Matt, I am terribly sorry that you have been born in an abusive house and that your mother is not listening when you say you don't want to go in inpatient again. But first, it might be her way to show you she cares and maybe she thinks she can't help you in another way, and second, you're not going to be stuck with your parents for the rest of your life.
    Many people are born in an abusive house, but fortunatly, they not all hang themselves. Most of them wait for being old enought to live on their own and when that time arrives, they leave their parents house and live according with their own terms.
    So whatever you're parents are doing, don't let them waste the rest of your life. There is a life for you after leaving you're parents home, and you don't want to miss it.
    I'm sure you can make it until there. Don't give up !
    (*hug*) Cécile

19. D_Alejandro

Please don't kill yourself. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. There is a light at the end of the tunnel...you're just too deep into the tunnel to see it. Things will get better. Progress takes time. It's not going to be from one day to the next. Sometimes it can take months OR years. You're 17. You have your entire life ahead of you. You have no idea what life is going to bring. You have to make it through the rain, stand up once again. Just be strong.

You have to promise us that you won't kill yourself. Going back can help you. Do you think that if you don't go back things will just go away on their own? I can't imagine how hard it must be because I am not in your position...but I have been through the entire suicidal/depression/meds/inpatient ordeal and I can only tell you that suicide is NOT the answer. Things will get better. You just have to hope and believe.

Remember, thunder precedes the sunlight.

20. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's the thing...killing yourself will not stop people from worrying. Do you understand how much it will affect people? I lost a friend who killed himself in January and it devastated me because we'd known one another for a long time and he was one of the first people I told I was gay. It hurt me a lot, and while I want you to focus on yourself and forget about the other people, you also need to remember they won't just stop worrying if you kill yourself, they'll basically go through hell. As for you, I realize it may feel like nothing is happening, but what you're doing is the best for you. A psychiatrist is doing all this to help you not to hurt you and while it may be annoying you...maybe inpatient is what's needed. It's clear you need people to listen to you and help you so please don't hurt yourself or kill yourself, just please be patient and it will get better.