1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marathon training redux?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kettlkorn, Aug 26, 2010.

1. kettlkorn

Lately I have been doing some running and considering trying marathon training again. But what sounds simple isn't. I have tried marathon training 3 times, and every time things didn't end well. After the first two weeks I am never satisfied with my progress. The last time I stopped because I was getting so worked up that I started cutting again.

But I'm started to think I want to try again. I think some of the cutting business was due to my closeted-ness. Which has been taken care of. There aren't any reasons I shouldn't, right?

BTW just wanted to say everyone on this site is AMAZING and I couldn't ask for a better group of peeps to talk to. (&&&) (!) :eusa_clap :thumbsup: :eusa_danc

BTW I promise I'll stop whining about my stuff soon HAHAHA

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, is there a specific reason to aim directly for a marathon? I'm thinking if you simply aim towards running every day (or X number times a week, or Y number of miles per week), you won't have to worry so much about your progress.

Lex

3. Apocalypte

Marathon programs are 12-18 weeks long, in general. You're giving up far too soon if you give up after 2 weeks. If you can stick with it and go with the flow you will be fine. :slight_smile: