1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, phone issues.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kizza111, Aug 26, 2010.

1. kizza111

Ok first things first, sorry this is in supoort and advice, i know it should probably be in the technology one but less people read it and i need some advice fast.

My problem is : I was planning on getting an iphone for my birthday but it now turns ourt i will have to wait 6 weeks tog et it as it is out of stock. So i might get a blackberry curve 3g instead as it does similar things, the problems i can think of:
    1)Not as stylish i dont think
    2)Iphones have more, and better, apps.
    3)Iphone is touch screen

But blackberrys seem very smart, organside and easy to use. (btw if any1 could get a picture of an iphones msn and post it or send me a message and u can email it to me it would be useful because ive been on blackerrys msn and would like to see the iphones).

Please post your opinion as to which you think is better and why, try to be unbiased if you haave one of them yourself. Ignore the 6 weeks wait for the iphone, i just want to know which one is a better phone.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't do a head-to-head, as I've only had an iPhone. I've been quite happy with it. I do have a tendency to "smear" the touchscreen with my fingers or cheek while I'm using it, so I end up cleaning it quite a bit. The only technical issue I've had with it is that the battery indicator has recently become rather unreliable. It'll say it's half-full, but then suddenly shut down due to having no power. Keeping it well-charged obviously keeps that from happening, but it's still kind of a pain.

Mind you, this is an original iPhone, bought the day it came out. It used to belong to my partner, and he passed it off to me when he upgraded to the Mark III model.

Lex

3. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

MSN on iPhone the best one is the eBuddy app. :slight_smile: Stick with the iPhone and you wont be disappointed at all. Loads of apps, loads of games! Its a good phone!

4. darkcheesse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i have a black berry curve, its okay, trying to type numbers into a text can be a bit frustating with big fingers, but all in all a good phone. i've had an iphone and i hated it, because i just genrally dont like them. don't get the black berry though thyey try to charge you for everything, im mean everything. i found though blackberry's are easier to use. although the tiny touch pad for the mouse feature is completelt stupid. idk probs u should get the iphone

5. EWU2012

I can't really recommend either because I am with Verizon and have the original Droid. I am now in love with Android and would never switch to the iPhone or a Blackberry.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nearly all of my friends with Blackberrys are switching to Iphones or Androids. Also, be careful because at least some Blackberrys require an additional data plan at more expense on at least some carriers.

7. fringelunatic

I'm with EWU2012 on this one.

8. kizza111

ok update -

I have now also loooked at the HTC Desire, which looks good but as an android phone, i looked at the android app store and the games and entertainment apps seem terrible compared to iphone standard :S