1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proud of myself!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MagicalMatt, Aug 26, 2010.

1. MagicalMatt

So I just wanted to tell someone because I've made a great development as a person, I feel.

I turned a guy down! Like...you don't even know. This is something new. I met a guy, thought he was pretty interesting. Got to know him a bit. We had dinner tonight, and I didn't really feel a connection. So I told him that I didn't think things were going to work out as any more than friends, and he completely agreed.

Just...in my search for someone special, I'm usually really desperate and cling to anyone that seems interested. But, for once, I wasn't feeling it and I didn't make it happen and I'm comfortable.

+1 to independence!

2. Owen91

Owen91 Guest

I'm kinda jealous. To be honest, I don't really know if I'm at that stage yet. Congrats.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's pretty good! And plus, you have gained a friend. Being honest with the other person but still trying to make a friendship work, is a pretty good outcome! :slight_smile:

4. MagicalMatt

No need to be jealous. It took a lot of pain and loss to get where I am, and where I am isn't super exciting. I'm still single, right? lol.

I'd say so. I'm just happy to be happy on my own for once.

5. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations :slight_smile: You did the best thing you could. And maybe you just won a great friend, wich is always good.
    Take care, (*hug*) Cécile

6. Jeremy

Haha, good for you! :grin: I wish I could do that!! I have such a hard time telling people no... (even if it's something I really really don't want) >_> Bah, oh well. haha

xD