1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life its a strange old thing. . . .

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by silverhalo, Aug 30, 2010.

1. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I dont know really why I felt the need to post this I guess fundamentally its really late here and I cant sleep, you see the thing is a friend of the family/friend of my parents/neightbour collapsed and died tonight whilst out walking with his wife, they think he had a heart attack and there wasnt anything they could do.

I dont even know if this is the right place to put this so feel free to move it, none of the categories really seemed to apply.
    Im not posting this because I want sympathy, dont get me wrong I am sad that he has died but I just cant stop thinking about his poor wife and family and how life is so fragile, and can be taken away from you so quickly and without warning.
    I have been trying to sleep for a while now with no success so I thought I would do a bit of surfing and see if I could tire myself out.

It also made me think, my Grandma, she died a few years ago and she always used to say, when someone dies someone is born, and strangely enough I had a text from a friend this morning saying that she had given birth to a beautiful baby girl. So I guess its true.

2. george678

I am so sorry for your loss (*hug*) and life can be taken at any moment, you could leave home for work have an accident in the car or something and be go like that.

It's so fragile like you said, and your Grandma is right as soon as somebody dies another child is born. :slight_smile:

3. Chickzak

Hey silverhalo, I'm not sure if you'll get this, becuse it has been a while since you posted but how is everything working out?
    I'm trying to find a recent thread by you to comment upon, just like you've been commenting on mine so you feel assured you have a friend, just like you have been for me :grin: :slight_smile: *hugs*

I hope you're well and I reckon your Grandma is definetly right - and anyways, I believe in fate so everything happens for a reason at a set time.
    I hope you're great :grin:

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Silverhalo, first off sorry to hear about your loss. I know when death hits someone you know it really freaks you out. As far as when someone dies someone else is born, reincarnation is about the only thing that makes sense (to me) as far as what happens to us after we die.

5. Vesper

Sorry to hear about your loss. It's never good to hear of someone dying long before his/her time. His poor wife, having to see him die and feel powerless herself to help him...

I know the feeling of having a family friend go so suddenly and unexpectedly. One of the family friends committed suicide, leaving behind a husband and two sons. I wasn't close to her, but I felt for her family--especially her younger son, who was only a teenager at the time.

I heard of a robustly healthy man who was obsessive about eating healthy foods and exercising regularly, yet died of something he could not have prevented from his strict regimen. Life often defies our preparations for it, sadly.