1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell if someone is gay or not

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by travelinsoul21, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Without coming out *pardon the pun* and asking him? I ask because theres this cute boy in my history class and i think he's gay. I dont necessarily wanna date him, but I would like to know and maybe find a new friend

2. paco

paco Guest

well then talk to him and eventually you'll know (if he's out), friends first, sexuality second, or else you're just asking for trouble. trust me.

and i know you're looking for a friend, but if you're even considering whether he's gay before you become friends with him, then it probably means your mind is playing tricks on you and something is gonna hurt when that's all over.

#2 paco, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2010
  3. otc877

otc877 Guest

Everything you need to know and more...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8QEe49XBqA&annotation_id=annotation_721185&feature=iv[/YOUTUBE]

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    BAHA DaveyWavey...gotta love him lol

5. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

Hell, I wanna do more than eye fuck Davey Wavey, :wink: LMAO!

6. Gambit

Find out his name and look him up on Facebook. He might have his interests listed, although he might not be out

7. Darkwing65

lol Face book stalking.

8. Gambit

I know it is kinda of creepy, but that's how i have found out that many of the guys i thought were gay were actually straight.

9. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    the best, and indeed only, reliable method of finding out if a guy is gay (other than by actually seeing him with a boyfriend) is by them telling you.
    And how do you get them to tell you? By just being a friend, and by being open about your own sexuality yourself.

But if you don't actually know much more about him than that he's cute and in your history class, it's too soon to jump to conclusions. My advice would be to just try and get talking to this guy. You're in the same class, so I'm sure there are ways of starting a conversation about that, and it's probably possible to just sit nearby a couple of times, which also helps in talking.

Like Paco says: don't go in with even a hint of a second agenda! Before you know it, you start having more and more elaborate scenarios in your head, while there's still 90% odds he's straight. And even if he's gay, he might not be dating material either.

A general tip on being new at college would be talking to as many people as posible, by the way. Try to seat yourself in all areas of the classroom, and join in discussions and ask questions of all kinds of people. The more people you meet, the more friends you might make.

10. Lol, its hard to eye-fuck someone in class though, although there was another guy in class who was kept looking at me. Maybe he's gay, maybe its the big gay pride flag on my computer screen that made him look. He's cute too...lol

11. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Yeah I want to ask something too. On Facebook, why do some people not have the "Interested" shown?? Is it coz they might be gay or something or they too lazy to put it up?

12. Thats why MY facebook doesnt say anything there. Is because I'm gay and not FULLY out yet

13. lunaj92

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could be subtle and just kinda bring up the subject in a convo you having with him and see what his views on gay rights and things like that are i mean your in history talk about gay history.

14. Étoile

The eye-fuck thing is true.

This guy I see around campus every single day once gave me the nastiest eye-fuck I've ever experienced.

At first, I looked his way. He was looking at me.I looked down. I look up. He's fucking my soul with no lube!

I don't mind though. He's really sexy. I finally had a small convo about my X-Men shirt today.

15. RaRa

Even if the guy is hot, I hate the eye fucking. It's been happening way too much at my college. It actually makes me uncomfortable. I don't eye fuck so why do they? =(

16. peaceandlies

i do. i like making the straight girls who bitch about me uncomfortable of when i see a really hot les girl

17. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    eye fucking weirds me out and makes me not want to talk to someone. i wouldn't recommend that.

i'll chime in with a little anecdote

the one really nice, apparently smart, and also very cute guy in living memory i actually had the luck to be having a nice bit of chit chat with quickly ended the conversation with a polite pleasantry and went on his way.... it was at that point i realised i'd mentioned a female ex, and he probably assumed i was straight. Lame. Motherfucker! An anthropologist who travels pacific islands as a living, dammit! Ah well.

Anyways, the moral of the story is, you can't know for sure, so don't assume. Unless you're actually told from the horse's mouth.

18. crystaltriforce

that eye thing is one of the most stupid things I've ever heard of

19. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Look, if you just want to befriend him, why would it matter if he's gay or not? If he's gay, sure, you got more common ground. But if he isn't, is he not worth the bother?

Lex

20. george678

Agreed, add him of Facebook, if he questions it then just say he's in your classes so you added him.