1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thursday Update

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by subaru000, Sep 2, 2010.

1. subaru000

Another good day between Dennis and I; if not, a little better.

After Composition, I saw him again. This time, he noticed me and stopped walking to his class to try and catch up and talk with me. Unfortunately, I was on the phone with my mom and unusually she went on and on and on about something. As I was on the phone, I noticed that he got his phone out of his pocket and looked my way so I knew that he wanted my number. While I was talking with her, Dennis introduced himself as Dennis to my brother and my brother introduced himself to Dennis as I was on the phone, desperately trying to end the conversation. He was giving me eye contact as I was on the phone kind of protectively, using himself as a prop to keep my brother conversing, so that meant something to me, actually. That was nice of him to do that, I think. Dennis wanted to know my brother's classes and how many he was enrolled in so it was like an actual conversation. A few minutes later, it was time for him to go to his next class and I felt really bummed. My heart was hurting the tiniest bit. As he was walking away, he gave me eye contact that was like saying "We'll pick this up where we left off."

I didn't know what to do next, so I took a break in a chair under the tree near the building Dennis went. The goal this time was to try and talk to him alone, just he and I, to test the waters and see how things would go with us in private. An hour passed or so and Mother Nature alarmed my bladder so once again I couldn't talk to him but I had to pee so it wasn't a big deal. Following my heart instead of my mind made the rest of the day busy and tiring but it led to something.

My brother and I caught up on things and I asked him, rather bluntly, "What did you think of Dennis?" just to see how their first impressions would go. He told me that he thought that he was cool and he could see the two of us "hanging out."

After Math, I went to Gov't and sat down. Three or so minutes later he walked in and he gave me eye contact and said hey to me and we went through the lecture. This time, I did notice that he was trying to talk to me more in class, trying to make me laugh and all (trying to win me over, haha). It worked out in the end, as I gave him my number and we are now texting.

More things I noticed:

1) My brother is acting kind of weird I believe. When Dennis and I walked with each other and traded numbers, he was there, acting like the parentals would on a date. Weird.

2) As my brother and I were walking towards the car, Dennis told us both to have a good weekend, but as we were walking further apart, he was looking at me with the long stare.

3) I'm getting the feeling that I should end up only being friends with him unless The Big Guy and Lady Luck prove otherwise. My mind is agreeing but I would hate to start something only to make it end bitterly or have a relationship from a long distance because I don't like where I live. (This is thinking months down the road, I know).

Lex and other readers, what are your thoughts? Is he sounding more like he plays for our team?

2. lunaj92

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well then stop thinking months down the road. If you go on a date you might find you dont like him or u really like him and may start to love him. and then long distance wont seem so bad. nut first it all starts with one date.

3. subaru000

That's true. I was saying that to not sound like I am so infatuated with him that I would delay my education just to try and find love. Maybe I will, who knows, but now I'm just trying to get to know him for what he is and what he's about and gauge him later.