1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding a date

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gayinva, Sep 23, 2007.

1. gayinva

So I'm a freshmen in college, I had (or still have) a crush on the guy across the hall from me. I told him I was gay and he was totally cool with it. We're going to go see The Shins next month, he's bringing his girlfriend he just got back together with. I really want to bring a date, I think it would be awkward if its just those two and me. Now I just have to find a guy. I don't fit the sterotype and I really have nothing to go on in asking someone else out.

2. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

you could always bring a friend

3. JSG

JSG Guest

I saw The Shins in Paris not long ago, great show !!
    As for finding a date, well, try going with a gay friend or a close female friend.
    It's next month, you still have time to find a boyfriend :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. gayinva

He's the only one on campus who knows I'm gay, I want to keep telling select people but I don't want it to get out too fast, I'd like to have a steady bf before most of my friends here (and at home) know I'm gay. I just feel like I have absolutely nothing to go on, I really don't know where to start.

5. Bryan

Does your college have a gsa, or something like it, that might be a way to meet people with out having to let everyone know. Also, do you have any gay friends, or female friends with gay friends, they might be able to set you up.

6. gayinva

My school has a GSA, though I really don't want to associate myself with a lot of the people I see in it, I'm pretty sure one of the guys in my hall is gay, we're ok friends, we've never hung out but we have talked in passing. I'm not really attracted to him but I've thought about telling him somehow, or at least becoming better friends so that maybe I can someday.