1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being TOO Nice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RAJ Aladdin, Sep 5, 2010.

1. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

My Grandma always said "You must always have a bit of wickedness in you because only the good die young"...

I'm not making this thread because I'm scared of dying but because I'm a very nice, calm, reserved, docile, very SENSITIVE person and well, I feel that being TOO nice and such makes me hurt ten times more when I'm confronted with something.

People will say or do something to me and it will rest on my soul or hurt more emotionally than intended. I'm too sensitive and it makes me very easy to push around and hurt. I'm not asking how to be EVIL but how to be aggressive. How does one become more aggressive so that things can roll off my back like water off a duck's bill?

I'm sick of being so easily made to feel guilty and docile. How can I harden my heart to stop letting things affect me so easily!

2. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's tough and it's something I struggle with myself. What helps me is to try and get some perspective on whatever it is that hurts me. Try to ask yourself what exactly about the current situation has hurt you or made you feel guilty etc. Try to look into yourself and take control of what's hurting you. It's not always about being agressive. Sometimes you just need to find some inner control.

Also, a lot of times when you feel that badly when it's not necessarily warranted it's because you may have just gotten into the habit of falling into and giving into that feeling. It's like a reflex, but it's possible to control those reflexes. I don't know if that's your situation but I've found out recently that it's been a large part of my problem. It's a daily struggle to overcome it too.