1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Totally Awkward Situation

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Happy Vampire, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Happy Vampire

So I'm in my second year of college and we have apartment type dorm rooms. Well I have the hugest crush on one of my house mates. Thank God he is not my room mate. Anyway I find it totally awkward when he is around. Especially if my friends whom are girls are over because I know both of them have crushes on him also. Neither know I have a crush on him and only one of them knows I'm gay. I get jealous when they flirt with him even though I know he is straight and nothing can go on between us.
    Does anyone have any advice to help me get over him or at least my jealousy over my friends?

2. blankpaper

Just keep in mind that he's straight. Whenever you feel jealous about girls flirting with him just remember that. It'll probably take a bit before you get over your crush but you can always become great friends with him and just wait for a guy that will be able to fully return your feelings.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only a few ways to get over a crush. Distance (which will be tough in your case), time, and finding somebody else to fixate on. I'd say the last one is your best bet. Go find yourself a gay guy to moon over - preferably one who wants to moon back. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. Happy Vampire

I try to remember he is straight and it works until he walks in the room. Then my mind focuses on how he looks and smells. I guess I'll just have to try harder and hope Mr. Right comes along sooner rather than later so I can get over and leave this crush behind me.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't hope Mr Right comes along. Go looking for him.

Lex

6. Happy Vampire

I'm not good at talking to potential dates

7. MagicalMatt

Haha. Chuckled to myself at the matter-of-factness here.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't necessarily have to start asking people out. But you'd best increase your social circle, and hopefully add some gay guys to the mix. Otherwise, you'll be doing that sighing, putting-your-initials-and-his-initials-in-a-heart-in-the-margins-of-your-notebook thing for awhile. And that's a pretty lousy way to spend college. :slight_smile:

Lex