1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving back

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by starbucksshoote, Sep 9, 2010.

1. starbucksshoote

It's been an eventful few weeks for me. After a long time of feeling unsatisified with my work, it came to a head a few weeks ago when my boss and I had a conversation. She had heard I was looking for new work, and she had some issues with me as well (I was hired to do a specific set of tasks, which were completed - the job requirements changed into something that I wasn't particularly interested in, and hence, not very good at!). She encouraged me to pursue other opportunities, which I did.

An opportunity presented itself - in my old home province, albeit in a different city.

So, in about two weeks I will be relocating back to Alberta.

I wasn't out in Alberta - my move to Ottawa was my opportunity to come out (which I did), and I'm a little nervous about going back to a province where for almost 30 years, people knew me as straight (or, at least, silent).

Now, I have no intention of going back into the closet - I'm going to have the difficult conversations with people, and start off in the new city on the right foot. I'm feeling a little nervous about this, but I'm optimistic my coming out will be met with the same support it was out here.

I'll let you all know how it goes - I hope I'm making the right choice to leave here.

2. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Good luck! I hope everyone has good responses. I think its perfect that you're going to stay out of the closet! I wish you all the best in your move!:icon_bigg