1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

going to a pride dance party by myself :(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 507bro, Sep 11, 2010.

1. 507bro

the city i'm visiting mankato is having a pride event and at night they are having a dance and i'm going by myself and i feel weird going alone. I can't really ask my friends to come alone because they are all guys and I haven't came out to them yet. Just need an advise of not feeling awkard and by myself.

2. blueeyedcutie

i've been to mankato....its a fun town....they have several good pizza places!!!!!!!!!

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go. Have fun. If there are drinks, don't drink too much. (It's VERY easy to do when you're alone.) Look for other solos, or for small groups that don't seem to be chatting much. Go over and say hi, and strike up a conversation. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. Jim1454

If you don't know anyone there then there's no reason for you to feel self conscious about going alone. Nobody will know you! But once you're there, as Lex said, make it a point of saying hi to people. If you can find the courage to be the first one to say something and introduce yourself, the other person will be SO relieved that they didn't need to do that they'll be happy to talk to you!

5. peaceandlies

go. you will regret not going, and you might get a date