1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out dance party

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RedKnight, Sep 14, 2010.

1. RedKnight

If you read what I wrote "what are you thinking section?" but figured out i need some things sorted out to settle my nerves about it.

so incase you dont know, heres the story. Today at my uni it is pride week. looking through the weekly uni magazine i found the events for this week.

on friday there is a "coming out dance party" at a gay club in wellington (45 min train ride). right now i have 2 of my straight friends coming with me (male and female) who do not exactly want to be hit on. so im wondering if they just shouldnt come or if they can do something that will cause they wont get hit on?

Also I'm wondering what sort of dress code there could be to this sort of thing because last thing i want is getting there and finding out we cant get in?

2. RaRa

Just have your friends pretend they're together so if anyone tries to flirt with them they can just be like that's my boy/girlfriend. Problem solved.

As for the dress code, have you tried calling the club and asking??

3. RedKnight

yeah i thought that would be the best idea also.

and no, no i havnt. me and phones just dont get along very well. but i wasnt thinking i could email...

---------------------------------

ok sent email

#3 RedKnight, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  4. Jim1454

Honestly, people don't get hit on that aggressively at clubs. I dont' think your friends have anything to worry about. If someone starts to chat them up, they can very quickly say that they've come with you for moral support and promptly introduce you so that YOU can meet people - because that's the whole point, right!?!?

Have fun!