1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

graduation speech

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Blakus, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Blakus

so I'm totally freaking out!
    I'm school captain of my school, and in a week I graduate and me and my other captain have to give a huge speech for our year.
    that's all good... except WHAT DO I EVEN SAY!?
    I'm freaking out. haha!

I'm good with talking in public, just not when I have to write it up myself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. it's usually the finding of things to say that I find difficult.

2. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

I'm presuming this is high school you're graduating from????

Maybe just talk about the good times. Talk about dances, maybe add a little joke about the lunches, talk about one of the teachers everyone likes, talk about the future. There are lots of things you could talk about. Hope I was of some sort of help.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's an idea. Just say "I've made a list of a bunch of things I'll remember from my years here at (name of school). And I'd like to share this list with you, if that's OK." Then just start reading them off.

"Deciding after math class that I needed a soda to get my through 'til the end of the day. And then, going to the soda machine and seeing that it was sold out of Diet Pepsi. Again."

"Having (teacher) tell us that there would be a delay in getting our papers back...and then finally getting it back, and seeing I got that A that I prayed I'd get. And nearly fainting onto the classroom floor."

Mix it up. Important and negligible, funny and serious, upbeat and maybe a bit downbeat. See what you come up with.

Lex

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think Lex's idea is brilliant! Go with that