1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Always liking the straight guy :(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hollowsoul, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Hollowsoul

Well I just asked out my friend yesterday and he rejected cuz he sed he was straight and I'm exstremly upset about this cuz it seems like every guy I ask out is straight and it's not fair this is the 8th boy I've asked out and the 8th one that sed no cuz they where straight it's like I only get atracted to straight guys. I have a weird tast in guys witch I think may be part of the problem ( I only like chubby guys. ) but still there has to be some chubby gay guys around some.. Dose anyone have the same problem of always liking straight guys ? It would be nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, I'm going to pull out a bunch of grown-up things on you. Hopefully, they won't make you tune out completely. :slight_smile:

1. The percentage of guys who are gay or bi is open to debate. I've heard 1%, and I've heard 40%. I'm guessing it's roughly 5%, so let's just go with that for now. That means 19 of every 20 guys you run into are NOT gay or bi. So the odds are already stacked against you from the get-go.

2. It'll depend where you go to school, of course, but it's not unusual for gay (or bi) guys your age to want to remain closeted for the time being, until they either get more secure, or until they're "sure" about their sexuality. So that means even fewer guys are be giving you positive responses.

With these kind of odds stacked against you, you might want to forgo simply approaching guys and asking them out. Instead, you might want to go "where the gays are". If you've got a gay student union at your school, or a gay teen center in town, those would be the best places to go. You might not be instantly attracted to everybody there, of course, but at least you'll know your odds are much greater. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Jim1454

Yes - I'd also suggest that you watch for some kind of 'sign' from another guy before approaching them and asking them out. As Lex has said - the odds are that he isn't gay.

You say in your status that you're out to everyone but your family. So guys at school know that you're gay, and if they were also gay and interested, they would either approach you or make it clear to you somehow that they were also gay so that you would approach them. So without some kind of signal or acknowledgement that they are gay - assume they aren't.

4. Hollowsoul

Well I had looked for some signs with the last boy I asked out. I mean like he would always stare at me in class and stuff and he would always ask questions about being gay and stuff and he never talked about girls or had a girlfriend or anything. I guess I'm not looking for the right stuff. With this last boy it kinda hurt really bad when he rejected me cuz he's a good friend of mine and I really liked him

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>With this last boy it kinda hurt really bad when he rejected me cuz he's a good friend of mine and I really liked him

That's the tough one with friends. If you've come out to him, that's his opening to come out to you. If he doesn't, it's best to assume he's straight. Even if signs point other directions.

Lex

6. hopelesslover93

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Same here! I thought I always liked straight guys too,but then I realized not all the gays are actually like those stereotypes at lame movies. There're lots of hot gay guys out there, i usually hit on every guy i like (LOL) then i notice if they're gay or not, just pay attention to their response.. :slight_smile:

7. booby

yes , they're always straight or taken ;(

8. Étoile

You're preaching to the choir.

All of my crushes have been straight guys. I'm just getting over a hard crush of a really good friend.

Time, distance, and exposure heals everything.

9. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you're still young too, a lot of those guys might still be confused about their own orientation, you never know.

but yes, all the other advice still applies.

10. peaceandlies

work on gaydar before hitting. i find queers have a 'feel' about them, not just signs.