1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice because I'm slowly going mad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dr Acula, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Dr Acula

Ok, perhaps not that serious, but it's starting to bug me a lot.

Basically, I saw the guy I like, we'll call him B, on Wednesday. We were going to do a little shopping then go to the cinema, at which point I was thinking if things were going well perhaps I'd make a move - hold his hand or something.

Anyway, things were going brilliantly until we got to the cinema - there was flirting, we were laughing, a fair few lingering hand touches etc. were to be found. Anyway, we hit the cinema, and bump into an old friend of his from school who is seeing the same movie - FML. Obviously, I wasn't going to try and make a move when we'd just bumped into someone he'd not seen for 12 months.

However, the problem now is that I have no idea how to ask him out properly. I feel that after that mishap I need to be clear that I want to date, rather than just go out as mates, hence why I want to see him more often (we usually only see each other every month or so this Summer as we know each other from uni).

I also don't know how to read him - the first time we went out, whilst still at uni, he asked me if I wanted to go shopping with him, then we've mutually sorted out these recent meetings, so I can't tell if he likes me or not, or if he just wants a mate.

Basically, I have no idea how I should approach this and could really do with some advice.

Help please?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ask.

Seriously. Just ask. "I think you're a cool friend, and I enjoy hanging out with you. But I was interested in know if you'd perhaps you'd like to be something more than that."

Lex

3. ArabMan

I second Lex's advice. Ask him and look at him in the eyes with the nicest most sincere smile and if he likes you, you will see the excitement in his eyes. And if he likes you, he will say yes. If not, he'll get uncomfortable and just tell him that you understand if he doesn't feel this way and that you respect that. Put the ego on the side when you want to ask someone out :slight_smile:

4. Dr Acula

Grr, was going to do it today, but couldn't get the guts up, and now he's out for the night.

5. peaceandlies

try facebook or something