1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused - What does he want?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mogget, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Mogget

So, this guy asked me out and we ended up cuddling really intensely to the point where we basically had sex. So I was really happy and was hoping we'd end up going somewhere.

But the next time we were together he said he felt like we'd gotten carried away and he wanted to get to know me better before anything else happened, just be friends. But then towards the end of that night we ended up cuddling again, though not as intensely.

Anyways, at this point I'm just really confused and unsure of what's going on here. I was worried that I might have overstepped his boundaries that second night and sent him an apology, and his response was a text saying "hugs." Help?

Thanks.

2. ArabMan

Ok so if I understand correctly, you had sex, he told you I want to slow down and that's what you guys did.

Where do you need help exactly? You slowed down, had another date, no sex and it's all cool. It's too early to panic and start freaking out. Invite him on a third date, fourth date, etc. and only then will you be able to see where all this is going.

Good luck.

3. concklin

It's no surprise that he wanted to slow things down since you guys had sex on the first date. Now you feel confused because you guys are planning to go slow, but you cuddled again. The key part here is that you didn't have sex the second time, which is evidence that you guys are taking it slow. Nothing wrong with cuddling. Sex on the first date, however, is a bit much.

You said you feel like you might have overstepped boundaries...did you initiate the cuddling on the second date? Did he not seem to want it? If he seemed fine with cuddling, then I wouldn't worry about that.

A couple of more dates should get you guys to be more comfortable with each other. If not, it will at least go in some direction, at which point you'll begin to know if it's gonna work or not.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dunno - I think it's pretty clear, myself. He wants to take things slowly, but when he's with you, he starts thinking with the other half of his body. :slight_smile: What to do? Just ask. If you start cuddling, say "I know you said you wanted to take things slowly. Are you sure you want to do this?"

Lex

5. MagicalMatt

All I'm going to say is, story of my life.

Listen to him and if you don't know, ask.