1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Um...straight homecoming

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Perrygay, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

Because I live in Georgia, going to homecoming with a guy is out of the question. Most people are ok with me being gay, but I think if I ACTUALLY made an appearance with a guy everyone would be a little freaked out. So, my friend Marie asked me if I would go to homecoming with her. Her boyfriend is in the military and all of her guy friends are straight, except for me. So her boyfriend said that I was the only person who could go with her. So we're going to go and hang out with everyone and I'm probably going to go stay over her house that night.

However, I don't really know how to tell my mom. We don't talk about my sexuality that much, even though I've obviously told her I'm gay. I'm worried that she might flip out. Anyone got an idea on how to tell her that her son is a someone's gay date?

2. Hydrogen

I would tell her what you said above...

Being from Alabama, I know how you feel about bringing a guy to homecoming. I just took my best female friend, and made jokes all night about I hope she didn't have hopes for sex. :slight_smile:

3. rorotherara

rorotherara Guest

I know what you mean. Fl-or-id-a right here. Thankfully I might not go and the teachers will burden us with HW.

I really want to go with my BF but the rumors that would come up....

4. winter89

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Just tell her the truth and get her to understand you are doing your friend a favor. it doesn't change who you are

5. Spark

Spark Guest

Its totally up to you. if you feel that you should go with a guy and make the night extra special than go for it. But if you feel that you dont want people to be talking about you while you are there, go with marie. I just want you to have a great time there and dance till your legs are about to fall off(!) (!) (!)

but if i was in your situation, i would take a guy and give the finger to everyone who looks at us weird:icon_bigg

6. Hydrogen

It's Georgia, I think he is more afraid of the red-necks with guns... I would be.

7. Spark

Spark Guest

Thats true as well lol

But ive been there many times, and North Carolina was a hell of alot scarier

8. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, if there are safety issues involved (like the red-necks with guns :lol: ) I'd say you go with the girl...you can't always do what you really want, but I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun with her too :thumbsup:

9. Bryan

Just tell your mom that you are going as friends, nothing else, a lot of people go to these things as friends.

10. SpikySpice

Just tell her that your doing a favor for your friend, and she'll be fine with it

wow, homecoming will be on October 11th here

and i dont knwo what im gonna do, i guess i'll stay home then, but...

11. Hydrogen

Seems like a sign to me...

12. SpikySpice

Lol, isnt it interesting lol, everyone gunna dress up in rainbow color and wave their pride flags lol:roflmao:

But only me at school know it's the National Coming Out Day

or did the principle do it on purpose?