1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update on my situation with my mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AlexPatrickMorrissey, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Alright, so after I had a really big fight with her (screaming and throwing shit was involved), I decided to pack up my stuff and get the hell out of there so I don't have to deal with her crap. I got my stuff on Saturday night and I've been at my dad's ever since. I feel a little guilty for leaving her because she got into a car accident last Thursday. She isn't hurt badly and she'll get better. I haven't told my friends that I left yet, but I'll do it soon. I'm enjoying life a lot. I haven't listened to Joy Division or gone out for a walk at two in the morning for a long time now. I'm "better" now. I'm not sure what my mom's gonna do after I go. She said that she wants to sell the house and move somewhere else, but I'm not sure if she'll do that. I have no idea how much she's going to be drinking now, nor do I give a shit. If she wants to ruin her life, she can do it without me being around. I'm tired of all her drama and I'm not going to have to deal with it again.

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice about how to deal with my mom. It's helped me so much and I appreciate all of the time you guys have spent helping me. (&&&)

BTW, I don't know how long it'll be until I'm out to her. I don't really care. If I feel like I'm comfortable enough telling her, I'll do it. Same for my dad and everybody else. I expect to get a good reaction from when I eventually do it. I've got bigger fish to fry, but I will make it official when I want to take the next step towards being an "official" member of the club. :thumbsup:

2. Eleanor Rigby

(*hug*) I know your situation had been difficult for a long time now. I definitly think leaving for your dad's home was the right thing to do. I hope you're going to get back to a normal life now.
    As for your mum, unfortunatly, she is the only person who can decide to stop drinking. Ad long as she doesn't want to be sober, nobody can help her, and it's certainly not your place to take care of her.
    I truly hope things are going to go fine for you know.
    Take care of yourself, (*hug*) Cécile

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you've made the right decision. I think you're in a much less toxic place now, and you can get back to working on your own issues now. :slight_smile:

Lex