1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shutting down

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confused102188, Sep 21, 2010.

1. confused102188

At work today everybody found out that one of the lady's that work at the school I work at is a lesbian. Its the talk of the school people are saying that queers shouldn't work with kids, faggots are nothing but nasty people she probably is into kids. I can't believe that people can be so ignorant. I would NEVER think of a child and I'm gay. This is disgusting. Fuck those people at work!

2. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's just horrible, and hearing people you know say that nasty stuff about other people when their insults also indirectly apply to you is the absolute worst. I would just have called them ignorant jackasses and moved on, but that's just me.

Do you know her very well? Maybe you could at least let her know you stand behind her.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you know this woman at all? Can you offer her any support?

Lex

4. Connor22

that's just plain mean

5. Elven

Wow, shallow idiots, but I suppose there isn't a great deal you can do other than voicing your views or supporting the woman...

#5 Elven, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  6. Just Adam

i say support her shell prob need a shouler and a hug

7. peaceandlies

say its a bad generalisation that queers are into kids, because only a very very tiny percent of people are, and that doesnt differ between heteros and homos. you dont have to come out to do that - just stand up for her with rationalisation

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never understood the "gays can't be around kids" thought process. I mean, if a gay male teacher shouldn't be near boys, does that mean straight male teachers shouldn't be near girls? No one seems to leap to that conclusion. I guess the belief is that once you start having sex with the same sex, all the other rules fly out the window, and you start having sex with anything and everything else. Although I don't recall ever hearing that gays shouldn't work around animals, come to think of it...

As I said above, offer support. Imagine your positions reversed. Everybody ragging on you, but the other gay staff member (out or not) not offering support.

Lex