1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you date an introvert? (girls)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by OontzOontzOontz, Sep 21, 2010.

1. OontzOontzOontz

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess you could say that I'm looking for some motivation...

First, I just came out to everyone a month ago. My family supports me and I have supportive friends. I've been in the closet for a long, long time. I have never dated a girl. I had three or four chances, but either the girl lost interest or I was too afraid to ask.

I'm very introverted. I keep to myself and I don't like to speak unless if someone invites me to or if I feel compelled to speak. Big groups make me nervous. I have always been this way. I tried being more social, but it just doesn't fit me.

I'm worried that my introversion and lack of dating experience is going to discourage girls from dating me. :help:

2. AlyssWonderland

I definitely would! I can be introverted at times, until I know I can trust someone. I've liked quite a few introverts, and honestly I find them in general fascinating in a way. I love to getting to know people, and with introverts, there's so much that I don't know about them. :slight_smile: I wouldn't worry about it.

3. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i would because i am one!

i'm a mix of both. I can be open, social, affable, funny (someitmes), but that's all learned behaviour, essentially an elaborate act, really i keep myself quite hidden.

Occasionally though, i will meet someone who is open and friendly, and they will make me also open and friendly, these kinda draw myself out of myself. You'll find these too, as you expand and meet more people, some of them will make you click. The idea (i think) is that someone you are more compatible with will inspire you to be less of an introvert with them, regardless of how naturally extroverted/introverted they are.

oops, sorry, just noticed you were asking girls. My bad!

#3 Pseudojim, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  4. OontzOontzOontz

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any response is welcome haha. I'm just trying to find some hope and motivation to try finding a date. :slight_smile:

5. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would!! because they're more mysterious, which makes me curious. And introverts can be quite deep :slight_smile:

6. invincibletoday

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think I would. Although it would probably drive me completely up the wall to not fully understand the person or know they're thinking about. I think my own insanity over that stuff keeps me forever interested though XD SO I think I would :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would definately date a girl like that, I think you will find that when you meet the right girl she will make you feel so comfortable around her that you wont be that introverted with her.

8. yourillusion

I'm introverted too, and would be more likely to date someone else who is than who isn't. I think two introverts would be more comfortable with each other. Although, an extroverted girl could maybe help pull us (introverted folk) out of our shells a bit.

9. Chandra

I'm fairly introverted and I find I tend to date extroverts simply because when two introverts are interested in each other, they're often both too shy to make the first move. Ha. Most of my unrequited crushes have been introverts.

10. OontzOontzOontz

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel more encouraged now. Thank you for the responses! :slight_smile:

I wouldn't mind pouring my energy into another person. I'm a very affectionate person, but I haven't been able to dote on someone. If I could find someone as enthusiastic about introverts as the girls on here, I'd be very happy.

Hopefully I'll meet a nice girl through my college's LGBT club or something.