1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my GODparents!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by crimsonarcher, Sep 26, 2007.

1. crimsonarcher

OK...

my cousin came over one day,. and told me that my godparents were talking about my sexuality at a party that i didn't attend. ( they don't know yet, but suspect it) GRR!!!
    It gets me so mad!! they said that they are going to "KEEP AN EYE ON ME"....

what the hell?

honestly, why would they do that?
    they are priobabaly going to spy on me now...until they force it out of me.

my cousin also said that my godparents said that "he was acting like that gay guy (my gay cousin)when he was his age.......".....

Is it right for them to do that?
    should i even be mad?

god, I'm confused...:confused:

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yes, it's okay to be mad. I think I would call them up and tell them if they want to talk about you to do it to your face!

3. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

Becky oh snap, that's so hood! Lol, just kidding. But for real, I'd tell them that they need to be speaking to my face.

4. SpikySpice

Right becuz dont listen to those who speak behind your back!

5. Jim1454

I suppose they think that they're looking out for you. Show up at your next family function with a rainbow pin on or something. Wear a pink shirt. Eliminate any doubt in their mind - to stop the wondering! See what they do then! :icon_wink

6. pirateninja

I guess you could try asking them for a private talk, and explaining to them that if they want to know they should ask you, not gossip about you behind your back, possibly even getting facts wrong. If you explain to them that you understand maybe why they were hesitant in asking you and tell them what to do in future, then they might give you a bit of respect.

Good luck anyway!

7. winter89

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    you have every right to mad... i would recommend trying to talk to them privately and definitely still act respectful. Respect can go a long way in helping you talk to them.

8. surfrboykai

wow...i feel like the only person who would just brush it off. so what if people talk about you behind yer back? why let others harsh yer mellow?

9. Louise

Yes you are right to feel uspet, no they should not talk about you behind your back.

Having said that, that is part of human nature. We talk about the people we care about, who intreague us, who cause us concern. It depends in which way it was said, to cause scandal whilst enjoying the uproar (very voyeuristic) or out of genuine concern?

Try to put it into perspective, have you never talked about anyone when they were not present? Was this done in a caring way or to enjoy talking about someone who is not there for the scandal value? I think most of us have done both at sometime in our lives.

You could go and see them to tell them that you heard that they had been talking about you and that this hurt and upset you. If you feel ready to answer their questions you could even add that if there is something they would like to ask you to go ahead and do so, so that things are clear between you.

Don't let it get you down, they might just care and be worried about you.:kiss: