1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

consciously being played!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hidden365, Sep 23, 2010.

1. hidden365

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've had a boyfriend for the past 5 months (he was my first "boy" friend), we broke up a couple of weeks ago and now he swings from 2am calls to say that he loves me to let me see him getting into another man's car (on a date). He does that which hurt a lot and when I finally decide it's time to let go he calls me and tells me that we should be friends and his friends miss me so we should take a walk on the beach later on, I had returned all of his junk, deleted his numbers blocked him on Im,etc and yet Im like sure why not? I was yesterday he had a date with someone else and I came home feeling as great as a gum stuck under a shoe!
    The problem is, I know that I should just not see him but I spend all day anxious and it feels a lil better when he calls... Thats is, until I go see him and he treats me like shit again! YUUUCK im sick of this, feel like moving on already!

PS. I always sign on here when I'm a bit nervous and end up not making much sense!

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like you may in fact be being played. Why? Because you allow him to play you. :slight_smile: My advice? Straight up, tell him "I do like you, and I like hanging out with you, but it still hurts to see you go out with other guys. So I probably should take some time away to get my head back in the right place." Then, do it.

Lex