1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A return

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by VmtLbe, Sep 23, 2010.

1. VmtLbe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, after I made my first post here I read some of the supportive replies and suggestions and decided to take a big step in my life. I went to rehab for my heroin addiction. It wasn't easy, I couldn't take it at first and bailed out, relapsing. I'm proud to say I've been clean for a month now. It's not a long time but it's an accomplishment. I just want any of the people that replied to that post to know that I did read what you wrote and I thank you for it. I'm definitely not all better though. I'm still very anti-social and I have other problems but after overcoming the drug addiction I feel more confident about being able to overcome those things as well. Here's to continuing improvement.

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Well done on the additcion :slight_smile:

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As you probably know, heroin is one of the toughest addictions to overcome. Congratulations to making it to the one-month mark. It will probably take some time (6 months or a year) to really get to feeling good, but I'm sure you're already noticing a difference, and from the recovering heroin/opiate addicts I've spoken with, it gets better every month.

The anti-social behaviors are also pretty common given the effect heroin has on personality (the name "heroin" was originally a trade name of Bayer Pharmaceuticals who originally marketed the product because it made people feel "heroic") but that too is something you can work through with time.

I admire people who can take the steps to realize they have a problem and to deal with the difficulties in overoming it. Please stick around and continue to post and share not only your experiences in recovery, but also any of the issues you face that challenge you in other ways. The community is here to help.

4. EM68

Congrats. I hope you continue to get bette and you have a strong support group to help in your recovery. :slight_smile: