1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am going on a date!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by James, Sep 25, 2010.

1. James

After months of waiting to find the right guy, I finally have. I'm still in shock because I never thought I would find someone like him, we have so much in common and he is an awesome guy that I can see myself spending forever with (too soon to say that?).

We're going on a date in three hours and I am wondering how some of you got over your nervousness? I have that stomach feeling where I feel sick.

2. s5m1

Try to not set your expectations too high. Instead of thinking this is someone you could spend your life with, take it in smaller bites. Hopefully this is someone who you can enjoy a few hours with. Just be yourself and enjoy the moment. He is probably nervous too.

3. James

Thank you, s5m1. I will update this thread when I get home with how it went. :icon_bigg

4. Eleanor Rigby

Just breathe, be yourself and try to have a nice time :slight_smile: That's the best way to have a nice date, and then you'll see what happen.
    Take care (*hug*) Cécile

5. matty123

Yeh just enjoy it, and take it a step at a time :slight_smile:

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>too soon to say that?

BEFORE the first date? Yes. :slight_smile:

How to get over your nervousness? Focus on HIM. Don't worry about how you're coming across, or what he might be thinking about you. Just work on finding out more about him, and making sure he has a good time.

And I don't know what kind of date this is, so let's just pretend I gave you the "condoms" speech here.

Lex

7. James

No sex, strictly a meet/date. It went amazingly good, he is awesome! we both agreed that we need to go on another date, that was after we talked for almost two hours about our feelings and life.

After 30 minutes or so I lightened up and it was a blast. :icon_bigg