1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love you

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by zzzero, Sep 25, 2010.

1. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone!

It's been a while! I guess I haven't needed any advice or support for a while. Which is a great thing!

So I'm dating this great guy I met online. We see each other pretty much every week (except for last week, but we made up for that by him staying over my place like two nights in a row). He lives about an hour and a half away. I really like him a lot! Things have been going really well. The only problem is that I don't know when it's appropriate to say "I love you."

We've been dating for a little over a month, and I think I do really love him. This is my first relationship ever (well first real relationship) so I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I should do in these situations. We've had such a great time together so I think I should tell him soon, I just don't know how or when...

2. ANightDude

Obviously I don't know the situation, but that right there sends a big no to me. Also the fact that it's your first relationship.

Speaking from experience, I can say that a first relationship with anyone is usually the greatest feeling ever. It makes you feel incredible and that you are loved. But the question is, are you actually in love?

Long story short, I personally think a month is a little too soon to say I love you. As for when to say it, it's up to you guys. In my experience, it usually is spontaneous, and I'd say that's the best way to go. Don't push it or ask someone if they love you. If a couple is truly in love, you will for sure know it, without any doubts, and it'll come naturally. Just be patient. :slight_smile:

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Early on (and yes, it's still pretty early), it's best to say "I love you" less with words and more with actions. Try to be considerate, do little things that show you care, and let him know how much you appreciate the ones he does for you. If you really do want to say something, it's best to simply circumvent the "L" word for now. But you can say things like "I always feel better when I'm with you" or "I can't help but smile whenever I get a text from you."

Lex