1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a problem

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pirateninja, Sep 27, 2007.

1. pirateninja

For over four years now, I have had a huge crush on this one girl at my school. She was a friend of mine but not a best friend. I tried to repress it, because at the time I thought it was strange and not normal, but when I came out two years ago, somebody asked me if I liked anyone and so I told them. They then persuaded me to tell her my feelings, but unfortunately I chickened out, so they went and told her themself. She was a bit wierd with me at first, but after a week or so she said that she was straight but was okay with it and wanted our friendship to go back to how it was. I then informed her that I would try to get over her. Unfortunately, I know it has been two years and since then I have had minor girlfriends but nobody has ever made me feel the same way as I do with her. Even now I am still attracted to her and extremely jealous of her boyfriend. I don't know how I'm going to get over her and stop comparing anyone I go out with to her.

2. Jerr

Getting over someone takes a long time. Don't shut everyone out. It makes getting over her a lot harder. Trust.

Be jealous all you want... I mean I'm Jellen over whoever Hayden Christensen is with. lol

You two are friends... you gotta accept that. Others may not make you feel the same way but that could possibly be that this person was a friend before you felt things for her... a friend is a very special thing that you will have special feelings towards... added on the fact you crushing on her. That is a hard combo to beat but not unbeatable.

Give it time. You are 16... You have plenty of time to meet more homogay girls who will try to impress.

3. SpikySpice

Sometimes, trying tro get over something makes you more attracted to that thing, especially love and emotions feelings

So just act as normal as you can, dont try to tell yourself that you have to get over her, just be her friend, I knwo it is really hard for you since you alreadu got a big crush on her

The thing is when two people are close to each other, they will develope a bond called sexual intention, but that dosent mean that you have to get away from her to get rid of that bond, you can still stay near her, but what you need to do is not to think about your feelings when you sit next to her, juat talk like a normal friend, when a peak of emotion is about to burst out, block it, control yourself and your mind from saying emotional stuffs to her

Being jealous is normal, but if you dont wnat to be jealous, dont think about it, if you cant stand it when her and her bf having fun together, dont look at them lol, but talk to someone else, find a subject to talk about, a good one that can distract yourself

And like Jerr said, you are 16, you still have a long life to live ahead, you'lll have many chnaces

And i understand that thsi is your first cut so it is the deepest, but you have to overcome your emotions