1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is It Time To Come Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kizza111, Sep 27, 2010.

1. kizza111

Hey, EC, once again after a long time of not coming on or helping any of you i return to seek advice for my own problems... Sorry about that. :bang:

Basically, i think it may be time to come out for me. I'm not sure, but i'm just getting so frustrated having to hide everything and not be able to be me, ya'know? I know this kind of thing is posted alot but i need some advice now... I keep thinking about changing my FB status to interested in guys but of course, like most high schools most people aren't very accepting.

I guess what im asking is do you think i should just do it and hope for the best? Or is it worth waiting longer until im completely sure im ready, despite this being extremely infuriating. :confused:

Any help appreciated :thumbsup: PS - I am a 15 year old male in the UK. (year 11)

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any other "out" gays at your school? How are they treated?

Lex

3. darkcheesse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i wasn't out at school, but a few friends were and i never saw them get flack for it. i've noticed in england the more rural you go the less it accepted. you could just wait for college, loads of my friends are out and rarly get any flack for it, i saw more people having a go at the homophobes. i presume chav's are same everywhere in england(well thats my experiance) and they seem to be the mainly people who have a problem with it. idk if any this helps,

4. kizza111

No out people that i know of, and waiting to college doesnt really work as theres a high probability i'll be staying in sixth form at this school with most of the same people :/

5. darkcheesse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    most people who i knew to act homophobic at school did it to fit in. if you got a good group of friends who will stand behind you on this issue, i'd say come out. but its your choice.

6. peaceandlies

kids are a hell of a lot better than i gave them credit for, at least at my school. i dont think they would have shutup if i told them not to tell anyone else, though. but i havent got bullied of even resentment. its been about a month