1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She is Starting to Really Piss Me Off

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by No One, Sep 30, 2010.

1. No One

So as many people know, I tried to come out to my mom when I was a freshman in high school but it went badly and I ended up taking it back. Ever since then she is always prodding and questioning me about who Im dating, who I like, etc. I think she has slowly been accepting the fact that Im gay (even though I have told her multiple times since then that Im not) and every once and awhile she will let a comment of anger (or something) slip. This happened today:

Me: Dad, how far is *city*?
    Dad: About an hour and a half. Why?
    Me: Im going to a Lady Gaga concert in May and I was just wondering.
    Dad: You know, Lady Gaga is one of the biggest supporters of the "Homosexual Agenda".
    Mom: Yea, that's why he likes her. *Gets up and walks out*
    Me: What?

I am starting to get pissed off by the little comments and all this crap... What do I do?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like your mother is well aware of your sexuality. Which isn't surprising, since you already came out to her. Parents might fervently wish that their child will "rescind" their coming out, but even if they do, few will actually believe it. So why not stop the facade? Next time something like this happens, just say "Yeah, she likes gays. So what?"

Lex

3. Holmes

I would very seriously say that you have to stop telling her you're not gay. Otherwise, you very easily allow yourself open to her turning to you when you are eventually properly out and accusing you of lying to her. I mean what's the context of your denials? Why not say, "I'm not straight". You both know that much, it could be some sort of meaningless middle ground.

What good has rescinding your coming out done? If none, was it worth it?

4. otc877

otc877 Guest

Eh. I know exactly what you're talking about. The first person I told was through instant messenger. I instantly regretted telling her and made up some elaborate story about how my account had been compromised and that it wasn't actually me she was talking to.

Since then she's been making little comments similar to your mom's. I'm not worried about her knowing I'm gay. It's just that I've buried myself in this lie for so long that I can't see the light of truth anymore.

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I agree with Lex. Just tell your mom. Once you are honest with her your relationship is likely to improve. You can talk openly and avoid these jabs at your sexuality. Refer her to PFLAG when you do it!