1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

National Coming Out Day

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kizza111, Oct 1, 2010.

1. kizza111

Ok for those who dont know, every year there is a National coming out day, in the UK it is October 12th, in the US, October 11.

Last year, i found out about this and promised to myself that if i wasnt 'out' by next years coming out day, i would do it then. Well lo and behold its October. Again.
    Now, do i actually stick to what i said to myself or should i just not do it because i feel really scared :eek: And if i do it, would national coming out day be the best time to do it?

Anyone else ever taken advantage of this day?

2. D_Alejandro

I haven't....but thank you for reminding me about it! I was JUST thinking about that today. How ironic haha!

You should only come out if you feel 100% comfortable and ready. No ifs buts or what ifs! That's all there is to it. I wish you the best of luck. :grin:(*hug*)

3. peaceandlies

There are always buts and what ifs. the reason i came out was because pretending to be straight was even worse than getting bullied. and guess what? no on bullied me. so i say

Take advantage of the day. when i came out to my parents, i sent an email the night before, just after my dad had gone up to bed. then i could do nothing about it. i was freaking out all day at school, but when my dad picked me up, he said 'i got the email. and its fine'. that was the end of it. so, maybe you can do the same. its easy when you have no choice

4. x2x2x2x2y2

Like D_Alejandro said, only come out if you're completely ready. You can use the day to give you a little push to do it. If you do decide to come out, good luck!! :slight_smile: