1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Angry!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pirateninja, Sep 28, 2007.

1. pirateninja

Basically, me and my friends have been starting up a Gay and Lesbian Awareness and Support Group at our school, but we got word today that we're not allowed to carry it on because...(and this will probably make you laugh)

APPARENTLY WE WILL DISCRIMINATE HETEROSEXUALS

:eek: I don't know about you, but this hacks me off. Worse than that, it pisses me off. Our school has a Christian Union (doesn't that discriminate other religions?), a Disability Awareness Group and Animal Rights Groups. But we are not allowed to start ours. Ironically, my straight friends are even madder than me. I'm just pissed off because we have homophobes running the school.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Oh man........well I'm sure you can fight this based on the other groups in your schools. Here in the U.S. we had a young woman in the south wanting to start a Gay-Straight Alliance. She went up against some homophobic school officials too who were willing to ban all groups just so she couldn't have her GSA. She eventually won and got her group. So if you are adamant about this, then go for it. I'm sure you can find support to help you out.

3. pirateninja

Thanks, I'm thinking of writing some letters to try and persuade the school governers and Headmistress to reconsider. I think if they keep on trying to fob us off with petty excuses though, my mom might just complain about discrimination. She's pretty pissed off too.

4. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

bastards

5. Ty

Ty Guest

That is such bullshit, discriminating hetrosexuals! please remind me of all the times that straight people have to hide there true feelings...grrrr

6. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I'm starting a GSA this year as well with a lesbian friend.

7. pirateninja

Nice, hopefully yours will go well!

8. Bryan

If you do start a GSA, it is a gay straight aliance, and would discriminate against anyone (they can take they and shove it up their ***) But seirously, if you get enough parents to complain, they gotta do something. At my school, they wanted to start a GSA, and they renamed it the Safe place alliance, and they have met once since it started.

9. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd like to start a GSA, but with my graduation only three months ahead it would be pointless, the year would end before I could do anything. Plus, we wouldn't be allowed to since all student organizations are forbidden in Uruguay.

10. Grof142007

OMG Do it go COmplain get them to listen i want to hear more on what happens