1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Areas of attraction and definitions

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by yourillusion, Oct 4, 2010.

1. yourillusion

I've identified as bi for a bit now because it's the most easily understandable that makes the most sense for me (though pan, in a community that understands might fit better). I've finally become comfortable with that and after talking with a buddy feel like I'm back to the drawing board... I wonder about definitions though. That seems to be what it comes down to? Because lately I've realized I'm more sexually attracted to women than men. But for the different areas of attraction, right now I would say...

Emotional - women
    Intellectual - men
    spiritual - even
    romantic - even
    physical - men
    sexual - women

Does anyone else think about different types of attraction, or is 'sexual orientation' for most based solely on the 'sexual' part of 'sexual orientation'?

2. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As I understand it, sexual orientation is more encompassing than just physical attraction. For me, the sexual and physical parts were never too terribly important for me, it was my emotional/spiritual/romantic attraction to men that forced me to come to grip with my sexuality.

In short, yeah I agree(as I think a lot of researchers do) that sexual orientation is multifaceted and more complicated than pure sexual attraction.