1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outed (In my Dream)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Notreallysure, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Notreallysure

I had a very vivid dream last night. I was outed by a friend who is gay that I haven't spoken to in years. In the dream, we were in a group hanging out, and he pulled me aside. He said with a smirk on his face, "Do you have anything you want to talk to me about?" I said "No." His reply "I know your secret; you're gay." I responded, "What? I don't think I am. I mean, no, I'm not." Him "I'm here for you." Then he gave me a hug.

That's about all I can remember. In my dream, I got a gut wrenching feeling and was nauseous, similar to the way I felt the night I came closest to telling another of my friends. It was really weird though. I know I've mentioned on here before about talking to one of my good friends from high school about all this. If you don't remember, we were great friends in high school, he came out, and then we grew apart, primarily because I reacted badly to it. Fate intervened and we ended up putting behind our differences. Mainly I apologized for the way I acted, and he did for lying to me about it for a long time. A lot of people from this website have suggested that I speak to him about it because of our old friendship. Also, he is about the only person I know that is gay. Unfortunately, we live very far from each other now, and I would prefer that conversation in person.

Still, it is odd that I dreamed that. Maybe subconsciously I needed it, and it was support sent through God. Or maybe it was just a crazy dream. I mean, I dream crazier things regularly! However, I'm going with the former.

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, like you said dreams are the subconscious trying to tell you something. You nervious about coming out that you know, but why a gay friend you haven't seen in years? Do you still talk to this person even if though you haven't seen him ina long time?

He said he was here for you and made you feel comforted when you were nervious.

Giving him a call or email or whatever might not be a bad idea.

3. Soharo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I had once a dream like yours as well. I told my 2 closest friends about my homosexuality and they were ok, but then all school knew and my class mates made fun of me. It turned out to be a nightmare.
    And because my brother talks sometimes when he's sleeping, i'm affraid that i may talk as well and my parents find out that i'm gay