1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do gay people find partners o.0 (naive)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ty, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Just always wondered, how do you randomly get with a guy...its not like they have GAY stamped on their head o.0

2. Sam

Sam

I'd like to know too. I want to know how to find a girlfriend without asking if they are gay or going to a support group or a club. so I can't help you because I don't know either.

3. rorotherara

rorotherara Guest

Oh geebus..how am I to word this?
    FIRST, make sure they are gay. Test out the waters, prod and say comments and just let it test him. Next, ask yourself if you are ready to be committed to a relationship. Then, see if he has a nice bod (I KID I KID I JOKE!). THEN when you have some palatable information that he IS gay then begin flirting! Flirt casually, if he's interested, maximize it, if not, change tactics. Don't be desperate, don't be needy, play it cool and smart and you'll find love.

4. aussie paul

hey, what the man said. also, I'm bi and so, well, it is tuff to say, we are so different, all people are different I mean. Any way, when a person feels close to another there is usually some common attraction. you smile at the same things, you may wink at eachother. But take the moves easy at first. Comment on his shirt, his shoes. Say you like pink, or purple or something. Listen carefully to the other person, if not sure, just ask. Friends first is a good way to go. Well, enough, it's lunch time. Good luck. Paul

5. SpikySpice

I agreed with everyone above me ^^

Another thing is by coming out, when i came out to some of my female friends, and they introduced me to other gay/bi guys^^ well, but if ur not ready to ocme out yet

Yeah yeah i knwo it's hard for you, since you are only 14 an dyou odnt have much opportunities to meet gay local, you have to get older to get into gay clubs

but you can use the internet to find out the gay community near your place, tho it's hard cuz you dont have much transportation

And gaydar, tho not mnay people got thsi ability, but if you do, you can figure out who is gay and who is traight, but sometiems dont trust in gay stereotypes

6. ALieToDieFor

Texas City,TX but Huntington beach,california atm
    GAYDAR FTW!!!!!!
    lmao!
    jk well hm
    Seeing as how most people are in the closet
    what usually happens is a friend stays the night and just as you are about to go to bed you start talking and you tell them.
    The lights are off, you cant see them, it makes everything easier.
    I have come out to 4 different guys that way.
    Chances are if you are telling them its because you suspect they are gay/bi , you like them and have the suspicion he/she likes you.
    Which is usually right...GAYDAR!
    lmao
    Its just easy to tell for me..so idk.

7. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

I have the worst "gaydar"... ever... I cannot tell with anyone :frowning2: unless its OBVIOUS...

8. justjoshoh

How to find another gay person to partner with... hmm... well the easiest way would be to find a place that increases your chances that the person you are admiring is gay. You could go to gay-oriented outings, if you don't want to necessarily join a group. For instance, there is a LGBT film festival this weekend in my town. I think it is safe to assume that some of the people there will be gay. Then it is just the matter of making eye contact, introducing yourself, etc. This is probably more difficult for the younger age group, but most effective for those that can provide their own transportation.

9. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would agree that you hang out with gay-oriented groups and do activities where you know there are going to be gay people. Probably this is easiest if you are college-aged because there are a lot gay-oriented things aimed towards college-aged people.

Also, annoying but true: if you're out, then people can find you a lot more easily than if no one knows you're into people of the same gender.

10. Ty

Ty Guest

Thanks for all the advice people :slight_smile:

Im considering joing a gay youth group...but i don't know if i should :confused:

Haha my gaydar's broken unfortunatly XD

11. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What are the cons, in your mind, about joining? Is it just that you aren't ready for a lot of people to know?

12. Ty

Ty Guest

Yeah, it'll feel werid for me i think...i dunno i guess the benefits outweigh the risks

13. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah it does feel weird initially... but that does fade. But if you aren't up to it yet, just keep it in mind for the future. You don't have to rush out if you're not ready for it and 14, even these days, is still pretty young to be coming out. So if you want to take your time, take your time. I was nearly 20 before I came out so you're miles ahead of me (and most people, truly).

14. Ty

Ty Guest

Thanks :slight_smile: but i may give it a go....ive just gotta figure out a way to get to the meetings without my parents wondering if im going anywhere dubious :icon_redf