1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alone

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gayinva, Sep 28, 2007.

1. gayinva

Does anyone else feel like they're never going to get into a relationship? I'll be 19 early next year and I've never even been intimate with ANYONE. When I see my friends and others around me hooking up, and getting into relationships I get soooo mad and jealous. I'm an ok looking guy but I just don't know how to get out there and meet other gay guys.

2. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I very much felt that way but if it makes you feel any better I never even KISSED anyone until the night of my 20th birthday. Of course I hadn't come out until about a month before that but yeah... ultimately it just happens when it happens. But it is harder if you're not straight because the world is set up assuming people are straight and that they want to hook up heterosexually, so that can sometimes be a challenge.

That being said, being so focused on it/unhappy about it will probably act to make it more unlikely to happen (somewhat like a watched pot never boiling) so if you can focus on anything else, that would be good. Relationships and that kind of "luck" seems to happen more if you're not obsessed about it happening... probably because if we are really focused on finding someone we give off some kind of desperation vibe, which is never really apppealing to others.

As for meeting other gay guys, best is if you can hang out with gay-oriented groups (like we have a gay soccer team, hockey team, swim team etc. where I live) doing something you enjoy or hang out at gay film fests, gay pride events, go to gay plays uhm... just kinda do everything you can that might be remotely gay, I guess, which might be its own type of desperation. But hopefully you'll enjoy yourself WHILE on the look out, and nothing attracts other people like seeing someone having a good time.

3. gilca

i had a gf in 6 grade but i wasnt like real i mean 6 grade but the first time and to admit the only time ive been with a girl wsa not until my late 19 almost 20, so dont feel bad for some people is just not that easy and that also depends what kind of enviorment you are a round.:kiss: but ill give you a little kiss if that makes u feel better:icon_bigg

4. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

some people have to wait longer than others,I've never had a serious intimate relationship yet and I'm 20,no problem for me!

5. ALieToDieFor

Texas City,TX but Huntington beach,california atm
    Well if you are openly gay it sort of kind of makes it that much harder to find a boyfriend.
    Some people find openly gay boys/girls
    intimidating.
    Which is why the nearly all the threads about being intimate with others or wanting to be
    are on the Down low.
    Then agian people such as me say things like " Omg he is so hot he better be gay...If he then I hope he comes out and so will I"
    Which i didnt end up doing..I did it on my own but still
    its hard no matter what

6. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like that too. I'm 19 and I have never had a proper boyfriend. Some friends with privileges which weren't really my friends, but nothing else.

No one is gay and nice at the same time in Uruguay :frowning2:

7. SpikySpice

Yeah I agree with you, since Joey said the world expects everyone of us to be straight, but, if you are out, then you can see there are also other gay people around you, so it takes 2 steps for gay people to meet each other rather than 1 like straight people, 1st is to come out 2nd is to search

When i came out to some of my female friends, they introduced me to some other gay/bi guys, as you see i dont have to move a muscles, if ur out, people may hook you up wiv other gay people

But liek some people say, there are not many gay people around them if they are sure, they want to move to other gay friendly places, which give them 3 steps to meet gay people

8. katmando

Well, I wouldn't worry so much about "hooking up" As the other poster mentioned there a lot of gay geared sports groups. They have gay orientates sport groups that you can do and not have to really good to fit in like bowling or volleyball.

Even though I am not in a gay running group. They do have one for runners its called "front runners" I am sure there other groups where gay men get together rather it be support groups or just leisure like activites. Or if you go a gay support center, the people here shoot around and play pool or cards. Or you could volunteer at one, that isa great way to meet people

I really didn't "hook up" until I was either 21 or 22. And that's all it was just a hook up! I could describe my sex life to you about 6 seconds!

I have never been in a solild relationship where I actually really liked the person so I could enjoy the sex. I would say try to find a gay support group the people in them are usually nice, understanding and are kind.

If you really want to meet someone you could go on a dating site, just take it slow.

My advice is good, why am I always good at giving it, but never apply it to myself :confused:

9. Bryan

I know exactally how you feel. All of my friends are in these happy relationships, and I am lonely. I am always jelous of people in happy relationships. But, I am not out, and wont be for a while, so meeting new people for me is out of the picture, you should try something like a gsa, a gay bar/club, or even a gay sports league

10. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm the same as Bryan. My friends are all in the happy relationship phase and are starting to talk about marriage...some have even gotten married already. So it's quite hard to avoid being the 3rd wheel or the odd one out when we go out in a group.

Sometimes I feel like I will never meet someone either, and I get tired of hearing people say "Oh, you'll meet someone when the time is right". Because I feel as each year goes by, the harder and harder it will get. I feel as though I'm wasting my youth, not having someone to muck around & be stupid with until the older years make me more responsible & less adventurous.

Some people have suggested to me to just go to a club and experiment (which is a common assumption for gay people to do), but I'm not promiscuous or just looking for sex with a stranger.

I'm going to be joining a GLBT support system soon though, so I think that will be the best way to meet new people (fingers crossed!)

11. Jim1454

I didn't have a serious relationship with someone (i.e. intimate) until I was 25 - and even then it was apparently with the wrong sex! :eusa_doh:

And in terms of finding a bf - it was when I STOPPED looking that I found one! So just try to not try - if you know what I mean! It seems to me that it gets easier as you get older. Not that you want to be as old as me when it happens. :eek:

12. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

I feel the same way as you :frowning2: but I'm still pretty young so I cannot help much ><